What Are You Building Today

luvdunhill

I’ve retested and I got about the same results. Also tested a pair of SR-007 mk2 and then I got graphs more like your Orpheus Clone and 007mk1.

I’m very satisfied with the bass, well not as good as 009S but good for my DIY headphone. I’ve tried different diaphragms and some of them are terrible, but I actually manage to do some better. Another thing is that my home made phones are not as sensitive as Stax and the diaphragms need time to charge. They start soft and after half an hour or so the sound reach it’s max.

Here is how I stretch the Mylar film. 12 inch inner tube and Scotch Magic tape.
IMG_0335.thumb.JPG.7f6bebe1ed88ffce61bfbcde9fb42080.JPG

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JoaMat said:

I’ve retested and I got about the same results. Also tested a pair of SR-007 mk2 and then I got graphs more like your Orpheus Clone and 007mk1.

I’m very satisfied with the bass, well not as good as 009S but good for my DIY headphone. I’ve tried different diaphragms and some of them are terrible, but I actually manage to do some better. Another thing is that my home made phones are not as sensitive as Stax and the diaphragms need time to charge. They start soft and after half an hour or so the sound reach it’s max.

Here is how I stretch the Mylar film. 12 inch inner tube and Scotch Magic tape.
IMG_0335.thumb.JPG.7f6bebe1ed88ffce61bfbcde9fb42080.JPG

I think you've stretched the diaphragms too much.  :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not today but over the course of the last week, finally got to use the Shapeoko to actually make something. A coworker from the central office is retiring after 46 years of Government service.  I decided to make her a custom plaque.

First prototype

fullsizeoutput_1344.thumb.jpeg.5e85ebd42402f542cbdf93945c95e7dc.jpeg

It's basically a relief of the island that the Shipyard is on.

Prototype #2

fullsizeoutput_1346.thumb.jpeg.ecb1ea6d7e0ebbed1a37526a951c0e2d.jpeg

Figured out that I was having some issues zeroing the Z axis, which were entirely user error. ?‍♂️

Final version:

58172241_AJjI3jPTBGyLLbIXqIzZA.thumb.jpg.614280778dbb7deb830855172027798d.jpgfullsizeoutput_1370.thumb.jpeg.e07551a5dd6751e9b648e4ce9d8bacdc.jpeg

I got the shipyard to engrave the small brass tag, I haven't gotten to the point where I can do that yet.  

Next up, some signs for the local MTB trail network.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1