What Are You Building Today

luvdunhill

21 minutes ago, naamanf said:

It keeps the material pressed down on the table and the wheels are angled to keep it pressed against the fence. Basically does the same thing feather boards do, helps make straight cuts and adds some safety against kickback. 

I love those things, btw. I think they are about the best table saw accessory I have found. They are helpful for sheet goods, but where they really shine is in long rips of hardwood. Cutting trim pieces, for instance.

23 minutes ago, VPI said:

Jealous of the whole Sawstop setup.

as someone whose thumb is still whole because of a sawstop, I would pretty much refuse to touch a non-sawstop table saw.

• Like 3

If I had the room, the SawStop PCS is the only one I would consider. I was leaning towards the little Pro cart one but its minimal cut capabilities did not seem worth the up charge, I guess the finger saving is the up charge. 

Glue Up Kit Holder for the wall.  Need to run through the router and get it glued together.

03AA4F53-F3C3-4207-AD32-613807EFA9EF.jpeg

• Like 3

Came with a 60 tooth that was excellent at smashing, but not tuned for actually cutting. 

Now I need to figure out how to make a zero clearance insert without having any of the tools (bandsaw, bench top sander, skill) I actually need to make one.

20 minutes ago, VPI said:

Now I need to figure out how to make a zero clearance insert without having any of the tools (bandsaw, bench top sander, skill) I actually need to make one.

Why?  For the chop saw? Every zero-clearance insert I've seen comes as a solid piece and you just run the blade thru.  I feel confused.

• Like 2

Need to build one myself. They do not sell a zero clearance that I have found. Need to cut the wood, shape it to fit, route out some for clearance and make it the proper depth to be level with the table. 

Edited by VPI

1 minute ago, VPI said:

Need to build one myself. They do not sell a zero clearance that I have found. Need to cut the wood, shape it to fit, route out some for clearance and make it the proper depth to be level with the table. 

Measure.  Provide measurements to fellow idiot w/ CNC router and laser cutting tools.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, VPI said:

Came with a 60 tooth that was excellent at smashing, but not tuned for actually cutting. 

Easy for my drilling robot, just need exact dimensions. 

• Like 1