What Are You Building Today

luvdunhill

That is pretty fucking impressive. 

As I do not have one of these nerd drills like everyone else, my projects are sloppier and much less impressive. 

31A11440-635A-445B-816B-56FEE2C2EC6C.jpeg

3B8A1184-F857-45AB-A962-9EB5251E18D6.jpeg

As I do not have one of these nerd drills like everyone else, my projects are sloppier and much less impressive. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, VPI said:

31A11440-635A-445B-816B-56FEE2C2EC6C.jpeg

3B8A1184-F857-45AB-A962-9EB5251E18D6.jpeg

I almost feeling like I’m cheating at this point. Drawing some obscure shape, loading some wood, hitting run, and poof! Magic.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, naamanf said:

I’m not sure if my setup can do thread milling, not sure if it’s a controller or spindle limitation. 

Rough draft finished. Time to get some thicker cheap wood for a full mock up. 

1ABF71A4-C6A2-47A7-9ED2-317723C5AE02.thumb.jpeg.addccca3176d0191950a4d582a2cd4d5.jpeg

That’s very impressive!

Thread milling is more about the rigidity of the mill. At that size I’m not sure how well it would work, but it might be worth a try. I run my spindle at 12k rpm. Other than that it’s just a program/speeds/feed. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, VPI said:

As it appears that the big Milwaukee router will be out of stock forever, what is another HC approved router table router I can grab for short or long term?

I have the Bosch, ordered the Milwaukee and a week later told it was actually back ordered. I had the Bosch in my last router table and have no complaints. 

29 minutes ago, dsavitsk said:

Doubt it matters much. I think I have a dewalt in mine.

Also, shouldn't a shelf for a hand plane utilize said plane during the construction?

I only used the block plane to put a tiny chamfer on the edges I think.  I have not even figured out how to use the adjustment doohickeys on that one yet.

25 minutes ago, naamanf said:

I have the Bosch, ordered the Milwaukee and a week later told it was actually back ordered. I had the Bosch in my last router table and have no complaints. 

Is that the Bosch with 2 1/4 and wooden handles?