What Are You Building Today

luvdunhill

17 hours ago, VPI said:

Was able to find the Bosch in stock so to begin with, it will be mounted in the Jessem Table. 

That’s what I did. They are not that expensive and can be used as a kayak anchor when the Red smasher becomes available. 

Edited by naamanf

8 minutes ago, VPI said:

Contemplating picking up the 1250 CFM Dust Right system at Rockler tomorrow for connection to the Planer, Saw and Router Table.

Anybody have any experience or recommend something else?

If you have the space and don’t mind spending more, a vortex system would be the way to go. The Dust Right will probably work fine though, just get the canister option.  Can always sell it to Brent when you step up to a CNC.   

Edited by naamanf

I have close to zero room for this stuff.  It seems to be passable at least and for the minimal amount of work I could probably just use the Festool, but it still misses quite a bit with the Mitre saw.  Right now I have a large shop vac sitting under the router table that I was contemplating trying.

1 minute ago, VPI said:

I have close to zero room for this stuff.  It seems to be passable at least and for the minimal amount of work I could probably just use the Festool, but it still misses quite a bit with the Mitre saw.  Right now I have a large shop vac sitting under the router table that I was contemplating trying.

Have to build a back box if you want to catch more with the mitre saw. They like throwing shit everywhere.  
Check out https://www.oneida-air.com for some smaller vortex systems. 

I find that the Festool CT26 hooked up to the Bosch does really well for dust management. Not perfect but better than I expected with the large gap between blade and dust extraction on the Bosch. 

The router should be minimal CFM requirement and the Planer is not going to be great with anything I have room for in the garage. 

Need to break down the twin feather boards so I have infeed and outfeed feathers and need to coerce the bars into the back that allow you to use it as a jointer of sorts but I have done as much as I can without all the parts. 
Going to thrown on the Dust Bucket tomorrow and wait for shit to come from Canada. 

3D968768-6660-476B-A946-13B3B5B5EEEC.jpeg

Edited by VPI

The fence cannot be locked down without these.  It is not the clamp but the twist lock handles that lock the fence in place.  I could use the router free handed I guess.

Spoke to Patty, parts are coming, I assume on the back of a Caribou, to finish it out. 

Edited by VPI
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Voltron said:

Assuming the router but is meant to be used that way and has a collar like the round-over bit in Jeff's pics. 🙂

Yeah, definitely only with a bit that has a bearing. Also, you have a guide pin on the router plate. That helps to stabilize the work piece.

Not boring at all Naaman. Nice!