What Are You Building Today

luvdunhill

1 hour ago, Voltron said:

You're not really going that big, are you?

Don't try to dissuade him. My master plan is for him to build the mega shop, then find a way for him to want to adopt a 60 y.o. man. I haven't worked out all the bugs, but I think it still has better odds than me winning the lottery. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, luvdunhill said:

They do say it’s “the right machine for every budget”

Yeah, that is pretty laughable for what I assume it’s going to cost. 

I think I’m going to pick up a drum sander now to just round everything out and ensure Steve has a complete shop to use once the adaption paperwork is complete. Trying to decide between the Powermatic 2244 and Supermax 25-50. 

Edited by naamanf
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Grahame said:

This turned up on my YouTube feed.

Very nice, but am I the only one somewhat annoyed that he left the front lip of the middle cover proud of the two sides?  Had to be an intentional aesthetic choice but not one I can understand.

And freakin' sweet, Naaman.  Time to make that ping pong table pay for itself?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naamanf said:

Not sure my current power hookup would support that. 

On the wall. Posted to one of my Facebook groups and I got 15 request in the first 20 minutes. I really need that AD951 now. 

458B3E3B-ED52-4C62-ADC9-5121F92C06A0.jpeg

ABCF84EA-ACC1-415A-AEE8-5098C3D1E09D.jpeg

I could sell a ton of those, if you could modify them to hold two dildos and a wig.

• Haha 1

Just now, grawk said:

you'll never regret having a 240v circuit in your garage.   Have them put in 2, while they're doing it.

Agree, I need to run a few more. Wonder how much it would cost to get 3ph in my house 🤔

11 minutes ago, VPI said:

Going to gather up all the gift cards and go shop for table saws tomorrow I guess. Think the biggest I can reasonably do is 36” and need to decide if the 230v 3HP is must have since I would need new circuits in the garage. 

You will love having a good saw. Nothing like being able to do easily repeatable and clean cuts. 

• Like 1

Is it the center of a shitty two car garage with a large curb around the parking spaces intended to keep stupid people in Illinois from killing themselves when they forgot to turn off their cars when the go in the house?

Also, is it the center of a half-assed, screws up more than it gets right woodshop?

Edited by VPI

53 minutes ago, VPI said:

need to decide if the 230v 3HP is must have

I have a 120v 1.75hp saw. It's mostly fine, but 8/4 oak can be a little slow. With a thin kerf rip blade it's not an issue. So 3hp is nice, but probably not necessary. Also, a sawstop can be converted to 220 for about $50. And the motor can be upgraded for about $500

220V is also good for welding, surprisingly few have a 120V option. Which I why I ended up with an AHP.

And Naaman, that is damn sexy. Did you do the modeling off of your badge yourself?

I picked up an SMD practice kit since I have a few things I want to do that would require it. Tried hand-soldering for the fun of it. The results work, but are not worth the picture.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, VPI said:

Is it the center of a shitty two car garage with a large curb around the parking spaces intended to keep stupid people in Illinois from killing themselves when they forgot to turn off their cars when the go in the house?

Also, is it the center of a half-assed, screws up more than it gets right woodshop?

I'll refrain from any further advice.

1 hour ago, Emooze said:

220V is also good for welding, surprisingly few have a 120V option. Which I why I ended up with an AHP.

And Naaman, that is damn sexy. Did you do the modeling off of your badge yourself?

I picked up an SMD practice kit since I have a few things I want to do that would require it. Tried hand-soldering for the fun of it. The results work, but are not worth the picture.

Wish I could model that well, maybe in a couple years. Post it on one of my Army FB groups and three hours later I have 30 on order. Looks like I found my self a job 😂🤦‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1