What Are You Building Today

luvdunhill

Okay, Rockler has all three (PCS, Contractor and Jobsite Pro) in stock. 

For someone that works maybe a weekend a month on projects, am I getting enough benefit from the PCS over the others to give up all the extra space in the garage?

It actually takes less. I had the Contractor Saw with the 36” T-Glide ready to go but at 400+ lbs I am not sure I would ever get it out of the back of the Audi. 

Think I am going cheap and getting the crappy Jobsite Pro. 

1 minute ago, dsavitsk said:

The contractor saw should still be fine for most purposes. And if it isn't, resale will be easy. That said, several vendors will ship the larger ones on a lift gate for free.

Make sure you get the industrial base, Jeff. 

Edited by naamanf

21 minutes ago, VPI said:

I am sure it is going to suck, but I could not come up with 60” of space in the single car space with all the crap I already have. 

I bet it will be better than you think. Just make sure you spend 95.95% of your timing setting it up 😉

• Haha 1

Decided to learn some from the theatrical activity known as "pipe and drape" and frame out supports for the mattresses with PVC.

Did the math and realized the queen was pretty close to the hypotenuse of the two twins (yeah, I know that's a double-entendre waiting to happen, go ahead), but after looking at them, decided the triangle would be too claustrophobic, so going to make a trapezoid.  It's just a matter of what material to use for the fourth wall/door (yes, you too, can make a movie pun).  Probably woolen drapes or something.

Decided to keep the crappy table saw short term as the addition to the house is going to have to be done with the extra 3 car garage to fit the big saw I want. 

Got the Incra mitre gauge thing which I am not terribly impressed with as two of the three mitre rail tightening screws will not turn at all so the thing cannot be tightened in the mitre slots. 

The Sawstop seems to be decent outside of the top, it scratches every time something touches it. Hopefully the construction happens quickly so I can trash this thing. 

Going to try to make a usable sled to do some cuts tomorrow at some point. 

E753EE86-11CF-412F-99D8-7E643FA8D2E5.jpeg

2 minutes ago, VPI said:

Decided to keep the crappy table saw short term as the addition to the house is going to have to be done with the extra 3 car garage to fit the big saw I want. 

Got the Incra mitre gauge thing which I am not terribly impressed with as two of the three mitre rail tightening screws will not turn at all so the thing cannot be tightened in the mitre slots. 

The Sawstop seems to be decent outside of the top, it scratches every time something touches it. Hopefully the construction happens quickly so I can trash this thing. 

Going to try to make a usable sled to do some cuts tomorrow at some point. 

E753EE86-11CF-412F-99D8-7E643FA8D2E5.jpeg

Looks good, I’m guessing it will work better than you expect, except when you have to cut thicker dense hardwood. Then like Doug mentioned, go to a thin kerf blade.