What Are You Building Today

luvdunhill

5 hours ago, VPI said:

Based on the accuracy with no adjustment, I am guessing I did it wrong or did not do a long enough 5th cut.

A broken clock is still correct twice a day 🙂

Really, if you did the initial alignment with a good square, there's no reason you wouldn't get it right on the first shot.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, VPI said:

Stopped the cabinet project to complete the build and do the Ng 5 Cut Test for the Cross Cut Sled. 

Based on the accuracy with no adjustment, I am guessing I did it wrong or did not do a long enough 5th cut. 

0C5A612F-F618-4977-B995-6BF7531B22FF.png

25A86479-6C80-4768-B735-FDFA65F63C19.jpeg

Looks good, mine also came out close enough that I didn’t have to adjust it. 

Determined that no matter how many tools you buy from Kreg to support the Pocket Hole when tightening, it is a bitch to get a square box with that twisting motherfucker holding everything together. 

I had the stupid clamps in every other hole and still have to set up ten other clamping systems to keep everything from twisting with the first screw. 

This is expounded greatly when trying to use the Micro one with 1/2” BB drawers. 

Edited by VPI

On 2/25/2021 at 7:24 PM, dsavitsk said:

I've tried every shortcut to making bb drawers, from pocket holes to dominos to biscuits. In the end, I found that an actual joint was both faster and more accurate than any of them. And more satisfying. And probably stronger.

IMG_20201024_015702.thumb.jpg.ddfddf4d57e06435ce325b0b307230a1.jpg

Went and picked up the router and table saw equipment to try building these joints on each. 

Went to put the Jessem Micro Fence Adjust on my table to find the Amazon seller did not include the screws and I am too lazy to figure out Dado blades tonight so I guess the drawers will wait. 

After several redesigns during construction I ended up with a multi-use storage cart. Need to finish it off with some French cleats on each side and decide if I Arm-R-Seal it or just use Shellac like the MDF top. 

Decided it needed more bling so added some Zebrawood holders and Woodpecker stuffs.

F3DF36BE-FFB4-489F-872A-9A19D18B5286.jpeg

EC707F77-557F-431A-BE6B-148AF0D626B0.jpeg

Edited by VPI
  • Like 6

Yesterday I received a Proxxon 28566 base for mini tool (I normally use a dremel 4000 and a Bosch GRO12v-35) ). I thought it was better than the Dremel base, in fact Proxxon uses better materials and has a reputation for making high quality mini tools, but I was disappointed.

Although the materials are much better than the Dremel (It´s made of aluminum and steel and Dremel use plastic), the guides are "crooked", so that when lowering and raising the tool, it is locked in any position. I have tried unscrewing the guides, but have not gotten a proper tool movement. I'm going to see how to modify it. 🙄

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, VPI said:

Local shop got the big Milwaukee routers back in stock. Worthy upgrade over the 2 1/4 Bosch that seems to be working fine?

I’m sticking with the Bosch until I have a reason to upgrade to something more substantial. 
image.png.b418f4cceae09f6ecd15feb0657b8cad.png

2 minutes ago, swt61 said:

Jeff, I have the same ridgid sanding center. It's on of a few tools that survived hurricane Harvey.

It's a nice little tool.

I’ve been happy with it as well. Seems to be pretty popular, there are about 5 other similar sanders but the Rigid seems to be the best of the group. 

image.jpg