What Are You Building Today

luvdunhill

Are you running the Bambu Labs Carbon now. L?  I put a deposit down for one as I got to play with one here locally and I hope it keeps the tiny, tiny smell out of the air that Kasia claims is giving her cancer. Even with a massive BlueAir unit running at full speed. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, VPI said:

Are you running the Bambu Labs Carbon now. L?  I put a deposit down for one as I got to play with one here locally and I hope it keeps the tiny, tiny smell out of the air that Kasia claims is giving her cancer. Even with a massive BlueAir unit running at full speed. 

No I’m still using my Prusa. And like you everything I do is for something I’m going to use to build something. Planning on making battery mounts soon once I figured out how I want them mounted. If I need a second machine or find the need to do a lot of printing I’ll pick up the Bambu. Right now it’s minimal. 

Edited by naamanf

The new P1 series goes on sale for Black Friday and has many of the features of the carbon, without the two big ones, enclosure and LiDAR. Should be a perfect hobbyist unit really as it can accept much of the accessories from the big guy. 

I need to laminate some things together and it’s not possible to clamp them. I want to just screw them together and later use the hole from the screw as a guide for a forstner bit. I am using West System 105 and 207 epoxy.

My question is, will I be able to back out the screws? I assume so but if not that would be a huge fail.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished the last part of my side deck that will store various water things.

Making the gate hard - I kinda made things up. I think maybe I did it all backwards, but oh well - there is no other entrance to this area so the gate stoppers are visible and since it’s all on a slope the had to be cut different lengths.

It works and kinda matches the hog wire. At some point I would like to put something on the gate - some art of some kind, maybe need to enlist the ping-pongers :)

AEEEA2EF-DE0A-4926-A8E2-D27753FB705B.thumb.jpeg.2746f09b3c448cf3b9269b01ab1bc941.jpeg

Oh and you can see the concrete slopes where it meets the deck - grinding that down was super fun!

• Like 9

3 hours ago, luvdunhill said:

Finally finished the last part of my side deck that will store various water things.

Making the gate hard - I kinda made things up. I think maybe I did it all backwards, but oh well - there is no other entrance to this area so the gate stoppers are visible and since it’s all on a slope the had to be cut different lengths.

It works and kinda matches the hog wire. At some point I would like to put something on the gate - some art of some kind, maybe need to enlist the ping-pongers :)

AEEEA2EF-DE0A-4926-A8E2-D27753FB705B.thumb.jpeg.2746f09b3c448cf3b9269b01ab1bc941.jpeg

Oh and you can see the concrete slopes where it meets the deck - grinding that down was super fun!

Your estate is large enough to need a second gated entrance to store the toys?

No wonder I pay so much for Prime. 

• Haha 1