What Are You Building Today

luvdunhill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some days I have fiddly, little stuff that takes time, with little visual reward. 

The homeowners wanted to save these built-ins. We had to remove them temporarily to wire the walls behind.

Either in the removal or during it's life, the cabinet was missing some little trim pieces that you just can't find today. So I have to manufacture my own.

The end result just looks like nothing was done, when in fact it was a lot of fiddling.

20230123_093028.jpg

20230123_092952.jpg

20230123_092946.jpg

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, swt61 said:

The bearing is supposed to be inverted, not the earth mover.

Oh yeah that project - I need a circle router template so I can recess the nut a bit on the back of the plinth. Ideal template would be a circle on the outside too so I could use that outside edge to cut away the dampening rubber backing on the plinth.

10 hours ago, luvdunhill said:

Oh yeah that project - I need a circle router template so I can recess the nut a bit on the back of the plinth. Ideal template would be a circle on the outside too so I could use that outside edge to cut away the dampening rubber backing on the plinth.

Dimensions?

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 6:31 AM, n_maher said:

Dimensions?

Hm I am not exactly sure.

I have a router with a “Standard U.S. Guide Bushing Adapter” (Festool OF1010 EQ Imperial) but no guide bushing (or at least I don’t see one in the box). I have various straight shank bits in 3/8”, 1/2”, 3/4”. I need the finished inside diameter to be 2-1/2” and then the outside diameter to be 3-1/2” (or up to maybe 4”) and enough surface to make sure it sticks down real well. 

Ok, I think I figured it out. I want a 2.5” finished circle, using a 1/2” bit and a 3/4” outside diameter bushing so I need a 2.75” inside hole and a 4” outside diameter. The thickness would be best if more than 9/16” (that’s the height of the bushing).

Did I pass the math test? :)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

FInally got around to casing my DynaFET. I ordered the case from Modushop in November of 2021.

I will probably clean up the wiring, particularly the output wiring. Also need to bolt the transformer down. I wish I would have done the lettering a bit smaller, but overall satisfied with how it turned out, and it sounds great, even though it is single-ended.

IMG_2878.jpeg

IMG_2875.jpeg

IMG_2880.jpeg

IMG_2882.jpeg

IMG_2883.jpeg

• Like 8

• 2 months later...

Audiotailor “Jade” something. Current sources, surface mounted components and ordinary films and electrolytics in signal path.

Screenshot_54.jpg

Board size just within 100 mm X 100 mm. Then I get 10 boards for only 4.90 dollars. Shipping cost to Sweden is the “heavy” burden.

• 2 weeks later...

A senior Head Case member sent me two tubes some days ago. An old 6080 and a Westinghouse 12AX7A.

Today I completed this in my kitchen. Amplifier is based on Jade, what now that is? PSU as mentioned above is based on Kevin’s GRHV power supply.

IMG_1532.jpgIMG_1533.jpg

It has been some fun building days.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...