Chord Dave Any Good?

mtoc

3 hours ago, lostinaudio said:

I don't own a Lampizator. Only heard the Golden Gate and really rate it.

You list a Lampizator as one of your sources in your profile. You also talked about "your golden gate" in a previous comment. Are you lying now, or were you lying then?

Edited by Sherwood
  • Like 2

On 3 Jan 2017 at 3:14 AM, spritzer said:

Nope, just equally retarded and in a rush to loose some money. 

Lampi's sell well actually. Better than many DACs.

16 hours ago, Sherwood said:

You list a Lampizator as one of your sources in your profile. You also talked about "your golden gate" in a previous comment. Are you lying now, or were you lying then?

I sold mine, needed the money. But I do regret it.

11 hours ago, swt61 said:

Listen up Lastinaudio: You are not liked here. It's doubtful you'll ever understand us, or fit in here. The smart thing would be to move along. Otherwise we're just going to use you for target practice.

Your right, I don't fit in here. I don't rate reviews by posters who haven't heard or own the gear they are currently slagging off. If that is the criteria here, that and the moronic language and pathetic threads, no point TBH. Lets see, this is the DAVE thread. Do you see many here who owns the DAVE? Or heard it even? It is slagged off 'cozz it costs tuu much dunnit.....' Fuckin shite DAC Ha Ha, Grow up and to use your language 'Fucking Retards'.

7 minutes ago, lostinaudio said:

Your right, I don't fit in here. I don't rate reviews by posters who haven't heard or own the gear they are currently slagging off. If that is the criteria here, that and the moronic language and pathetic threads, no point TBH. Lets see, this is the DAVE thread. Do you see many here who owns the DAVE? Or heard it even? It is slagged off 'cozz it costs tuu much dunnit.....' Fuckin shite DAC Ha Ha, Grow up and to use your language 'Fucking Retards'.

You're talkin like a girl who dumped by a boyfriend. A girl who dumped for being dumbass but thinks she deserves better boyfriend for comfort but also know that is not true...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lostinaudio said:

So how dysfunctional are you, that you keep coming back for more?

• 9 months later...
On 6.01.2017 at 1:17 AM, Pars said:

Seeing shit like this tells me pretty much all I need to know about Lampizator...

open3.png

Not sure if this is of any importance, but Golden Gate from this picture in particular is the one I use daily. It was upgraded to balanced version and got silver front changed to black one. 

In any case, I previously owned two-box Level7 and moved from there. Yes, LampizatOrs aren't pretty inside. At least a good while ago (2 years back) that was the case, not sure how it is today. But this I know: this unit was purchased somewhere in September 2015 and it works flawlessly ever since. It's on duty eight hours a day, five days in a week and is never completely switched off. This is the best DAC I've heard thus far. Additional bonus is that LampizatOr HQ is about 15 kilometers from my place and the man who does them will do any fix needed if something bad happens. He's solid, I never had any issues when I wanted to upgrade my unit. IDK, maybe that's me only, but the ride thus far is enjoyable.  

As for DAVE, it's a great DAC. I believe that I could be very happy with it. I never had an opportunity to compare it to GG. But after hearing it several times in various places, usually with Utopias, my bet is that it's less showy and not this feisty, hence different. Still, it seemed to be quite balanced sounding with no obvious downsides. 

Just my two cents.  

In addition, I see that people diss LampizatOr a lot here and, to be perfectly honest, I understand why. The company is still one leg into DIY and its price tags are heavy. Overpriced products? Quite possibly yes. But the most important thing for me is there, I enjoy what I hear.  

15 hours ago, Forza AudioWorks said:

Not sure if this is of any importance, but Golden Gate from this picture in particular is the one I use daily. It was upgraded to balanced version and got silver front changed to black one. 

In any case, I previously owned two-box Level7 and moved from there. Yes, LampizatOrs aren't pretty inside. At least a good while ago (2 years back) that was the case, not sure how it is today. But this I know: this unit was purchased somewhere in September 2015 and it works flawlessly ever since. It's on duty eight hours a day, five days in a week and is never completely switched off. This is the best DAC I've heard thus far. Additional bonus is that LampizatOr HQ is about 15 kilometers from my place and the man who does them will do any fix needed if something bad happens. He's solid, I never had any issues when I wanted to upgrade my unit. IDK, maybe that's me only, but the ride thus far is enjoyable.  

As for DAVE, it's a great DAC. I believe that I could be very happy with it. I never had an opportunity to compare it to GG. But after hearing it several times in various places, usually with Utopias, my bet is that it's less showy and not this feisty, hence different. Still, it seemed to be quite balanced sounding with no obvious downsides. 

Just my two cents.  

In addition, I see that people diss LampizatOr a lot here and, to be perfectly honest, I understand why. The company is still one leg into DIY and its price tags are heavy. Overpriced products? Quite possibly yes. But the most important thing for me is there, I enjoy what I hear.  

Is that you, Łukasz?

Edit: just googled his username and found a shitty site selling shitty cables. Big surprise

Edited by mypasswordis

5 hours ago, wink said:

Shoulda got a YGGY........    :D

GG is going nowhere anytime soon, though I intend to somewhere in the future to get my hands on Yggdrasil. It seems to be a nice reality-check tool or something to have at home. We'll see how it goes.

5 hours ago, mypasswordis said:

Is that you, Łukasz?

Edit: just googled his username and found a shitty site selling shitty cables. Big surprise

Quite the charmer, aren't you? 

Yes, that would be me, Matt's the name. Though your description doesn't quite fit the profile, too many happy customers out there. ;)

In any case, I'm not here to push my products to people here. The place looks like a lot of unusual fun, at least so I've been told and now I know it's all true. B)

On 7 Nov 2017 at 2:06 PM, Forza AudioWorks said:

Just my two cents.  

I would not say Lampizator are NOT over priced. In fact their mantra was to take on the big boys and provide high end for less, and I think they have done that. Show me a similar designed DAC with tube regulated PS and line stage, with the quality of the parts, and in the case of the GG DSD and separate R-2R engine for PCM. I think they are unique in all that regard? The 'messy' wiring is an old fish wife tale, nowadays they have pro quality PCBs. I would say nay sayers should have a demo before saying stuff myself. I heard the GG this year and it was very good, high end on a decent budget. Yes 14K for the SE version, but look what you get. Plenty of thin chassis empty boxes out there for a lot more money that are not so well designed IMO. 

No...just no.  Show me a picture of the inside of the "well done" boxes with "quality PCB's".  Also explain how exactly the tube PSU is regulated and what the fuck that tube stage does with the R2R modules?  I'm waiting...  Ohhh and what quality components?  Compare it to the 600$ Denafrips Ares... 

In short, this is garbage for gullible people who don't know any better.  The classic audiophool who thinks "toobz" make shit better when in fact they have no role here let alone idiotic DHT tubes.  How is that good for low level signals? 

Let's just post this gem... 

58cd988c84421_LampizatorG5L4Jupitercoppercap.jpg.743c95096d768a7e43c77934484c324b.thumb.jpg.877af34d785a569ee04e1b450ca3bada.jpg

So...this is supposed to be high end but to me it looks just like a random PCB's sourced from China, shoddily crammed into a cheap chassis with some sucky ass tube output.  It can't even meet CE specs so by definition, this is illegal for sale in the EU. 

• Like 1