Focal Utopia headphones...with Beryllium driver

mtoc

Just googled the LSR 305... you can't be happier than with $100 5" monitors and call the NS1000s clusterfucks? Okay, buddy.....

This is what Yamaha resources nets you, on top of Monel-coated zylon drivers:

But,    but, the LSR 305 monitors do it with mirrors and fog machines   :o.   

1 minute ago, stax fart said:

(snip)

There are like 7 million things that I want to say to you, but is thursday, 6pm and I'm drunk so another day with more time I'll reply to you pretty boy Jackson

You and defqon would make a good double act........    :huh:

1 hour ago, stax fart said:

Look boy, my english is not perfect, it takes a lot of work to write a post.

There are like 7 million things that I want to say to you, but is thursday, 6pm and I'm drunk so another day with more time I'll reply to you pretty boy Jackson

So what you meant to say was that the Yamahas aren't clusterfucks and your LSR-305s sound like half-baked turds? That's not 7 million things.

31 minutes ago, kevin gilmore said:

well that depends, if its close to 200 proof, even the 150 proof stuff, will burn very nicely. And you won't be able to see the flame.

I did manage to set myself on fire once using anhydrous alcohol and a Bunsen burner. I survived, my lab coat did not. That was a fun day.

4 hours ago, stax fart said:

Look boy, my english is not perfect, it takes a lot of work to write a post.

Is that you, Patrick82?

If so, I challenge you to a drinking contest. My record still stands at 35 shots of whiskey in one day but I'll beat it if I have to.

11 hours ago, mypasswordis said:

Is that you, Patrick82?

If so, I challenge you to a drinking contest. My record still stands at 35 shots of whiskey in one day but I'll beat it if I have to.

The only way to beat that is with a judicious application of a cat'o'nine tails......     :ph34r:  :blink:   :wacko:

11 hours ago, DonkeyBalls said:

I did manage to set myself on fire once using anhydrous alcohol and a Bunsen burner. I survived, my lab coat did not. That was a fun day.

Trying out for the Darwin Awards, were we...?     Survived that attempt, I see....!

14 hours ago, sorenb said:

isn't @DefQon still occupied with his empiric studies stuffing knifes into his electric toaster ...?

Another Darwin Award Olympics entrant.......   :P

The new headphones might be the best thing ever, who knows, I don't believe in those type of ultimate statements, its stupid, as it is a subjective matter. But the marketing around it is not fooling me, people should recognise it. The following steps are classic examples of creating hype around products, which has been used. This is a personal opinion and I believe a lot of manufacturers and brand names are doing it these days to increase revenue after getting back the initial money invested in projects. 

1. A preview in a social platform (YouTube Videos at popular forum channels)

2. Encouraging the niche segment to spread  the word (Various websites, blogs write articles about it)

3. Start Blogs about the product (Blogging related to the constant gushing of the product starts) 

4. Announcing a pre-determined launch date (Getting the demographic prepared to pull the trigger on the purchase) 

5. While launching a new product, offer a limited quantity to create a sense of urgency among the target market & create more of a demand. This makes the product more valuable, and when the stocks sell out more hype will be created for the products in the next round (Announcing limited stock through most popular sources) 

58 minutes ago, xEcuToR said:

The new headphones might be the best thing ever, who knows, I don't believe in those type of ultimate statements, its stupid, as it is a subjective matter. But the marketing around it is not fooling me, people should recognise it. The following steps are classic examples of creating hype around products, which has been used. This is a personal opinion and I believe a lot of manufacturers and brand names are doing it these days to increase revenue after getting back the initial money invested in projects. 

1. A preview in a social platform (YouTube Videos at popular forum channels)

2. Encouraging the niche segment to spread  the word (Various websites, blogs write articles about it)

3. Start Blogs about the product (Blogging related to the constant gushing of the product starts) 

4. Announcing a pre-determined launch date (Getting the demographic prepared to pull the trigger on the purchase) 

5. While launching a new product, offer a limited quantity to create a sense of urgency among the target market & create more of a demand. This makes the product more valuable, and when the stocks sell out more hype will be created for the products in the next round (Announcing limited stock through most popular sources) 

You might add the "Patent Bending" stuff, they usually throw in to the mix, and make sure the damn thing is available in yummie colors as well ...most people seems mostly comfortable being occupied doing equipment decor 

Isn't that all stuff every headphone manufacturer's marketing department should be doing before the launch of a flagship product?

It sounds like good business to me. Manufacturers whose marketing departments don't do this kind of PR rollout are probably doing their product a disservice, don't you think?

I don't really see any ethical issues unless positive reviews were paid for. 

--

In any event, the high-end of the headphone world seems to be reasonably good at separating the wheat from the chaff once the initial buzz settles. The cream has generally risen to the top (Sennheiser, Schiit, Stax) while the mediocrity has Been sinking (Audeze, Ultrasone, Basically Every Custom Cable Maker).

As usual, early adopters put themselves at risk of falling for the buzz, but this is and will always be the case.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TMoney said:

I don't really see any ethical issues unless positive reviews were paid for.

lying is an ethical issue ... I doubt the manufacturers releasing major breakthroughs at high pace, arent' aware that they are in fact lying  ....having 500 units made, then the next batch sounds different due to lack of process control, what to do? ...put on a piece of plastic to the driver, change the color, and call it some fancy name and market it as a major breakthrough, and to support the BS also claim "patent bending"