MSB Select Headphone Amplifier

wink

I'd like to see that.

I would suspect it would have the 5 Meg bias resistorinstalled, and no pixie dust, hens teeth, unicorn tears, snake oil filled capacitors or other exotica such as The Judge power cable from Coconut Audio to obfuscate things...... Right...?

1 hour ago, spritzer said:

More like solid milled silver housings and shit like that...  :P

I should never have told birgir what I was planning on doing to a large chunk of .999 silver

and

forget about the amplifier, show me any measurement system  (audio precision, etc) that can actually measure -170db levels, it does not exist.

and

an amplifier with 60db of gain has to have at a minimum a specific amount of Johnson noise which is at least 50db above those levels, and that's being kind.

.... and here I thought the laws of nature could be circumvented with advanced technology - they do it in every episode of Star Trek.  :P

Well, as long as there is only one defiance/negation per episode, otherwise it comes out like Flying High. (Leslie Nielson, you scientist)....   :lol:

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, astrostar59 said:

Anyone hear seen the post at HF about the MSB Electrostatic amp? I think it was in the MSB Select DAC thread. Sounds like the guy who heard it compared to the BHSE found it wanting...

No surprises there. MSB are a DAC company - however great their DACs might be, they are very unlikely to nail an electrostatic amp on the first try, regardless of how a large a price tag they stick on it.

Then again, I think it hardly matters. If you have the cash to throw at a Select II DAC, the headphone amp is pocket change. I bet MSB will sell enough to make them happy. The fact that it might suck compared to the BHSE or KGSSHV Carbon won't bother them one bit.

• Like 1