TKD 4CP-601 & 4CP-2500 4-gang volume pot and PCB GB

mwl168

GB INTEREST SPREADSHEET: state your interest for pots and boards in the spreadsheet below (and if you find errors, please let me know).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O_LNaSDBViihkC0dNcYe46SqjOwteiTFmRmuXMRY4fA/edit?usp=sharing

The POTs section of this GB is now officially closed.

Entries for pot boards (type and quantity) can still be updated and edited.

Edited by MLA
Closing time for GB

On 8/20/2016 at 6:36 PM, Pars said:

Re routed, still need to add labels, etc. Gerber looked OK (I think), but need to verify with board house how they want the slots indicated. They are on layer 46, which is milling in Eagle. Pins are 2.5 x 0.4mm, so made the slots 2.6 x 0.5 mm.

TKD 4CP board.jpg

Hi Pars:

If you are happy with the layout, please send me the Gerber file and I'll check with the PCB fab house.

Thanks! 

2 hours ago, chiguy said:

Dumb question, what's the difference between the 4CP-601 and 4CP-2511?

Not a dumb question. Apart from being bigger and having solder lugs rather than pins (which makes it a whole lot easier to mount unless you have a board for it), the 4CP-2511 has exactly the same electrical and mechanical properties as 4CP-601, at least according to TKD's data sheets.

I'm not aware of any serious shootouts between the two soundwise (A/B testing style), if others have please then please chime in?

I've only used 4CP-601s and am very happy with those (the ones I've gotten track well and have excellent rotation feel) but of course the much higher price must include some magic to make it worthwhile. Only one way to find out... :)

On 8/15/2016 at 8:12 PM, GeorgeP said:

That's right, not technically board mount:

WP_20160716_16_08_44_Pro.jpg

Center image is a 4CP-601. Right image is a 4CP-2500.

As far as the board layout goes, do you guys more experienced with PCBs and fabs think that the 0.1mm oversize on the slots is enough, particularly considering thru-plating? Or should I go a bit bigger. I haven't measured the pin size on the 2CP2500 I have downstairs, and was going by the data sheet.

EDIT: Michael, I want to adjust the board size and spacing to make it as small as possible. I assume the last one I posted, with the split ground planes, is the one that all of you want?

Edited by Pars

The price is good enough that I decided to add two 50k 601s to my order, along with extra PCBs. If no one else wants the 50k pots and we don't meet the minimum, then we can just drop them from the order.

Edit: The spreadsheet price total column doesn't seem to account for the 50k column.

Edited by gepardcv

Well, it seems like all who wished have stated their interest in the spreadsheet.

As it sums up, the 50K version of 4CP-601 does not have enough entries (minimum is 5 units), so it will be dropped from the GB.

@gepardcv and @obiwan: please check your entries and make sure you are happy :)

I will now start to collect payment for the pots. Each participant, please paypal me the amount under "price total" on your row in the spreadsheet. My paypal adress is [email protected]. Please include your head-case ID in the message box.

Once all payments are in, I will place the order with TKD.

Note that the current payment covers having the pots made and shipped to Sweden. Costs for onward postage to where you live will be collected later once the pots are in.

Edited by MLA
CP-2511 is back in

1 hour ago, Flyingsparks said:

If it is not too late I would like to get 3 of the TKD 4CP-601 10k plus PCB's. I have added my name to the sheet. Please let me know if I am too late.

Cheers

You're fine, just in time :)

I'm collecting payment now, so just paypal me (paypal address above), and please include your Head Case ID in the message.

1 hour ago, UFN said:

Order increased to 3 pcs. (no boards) and payment sent ^_^

//UFN

No problem and great :)

Sorry being late to response. A couple of things:

1. Pars has been nice enough to create a smaller, 4CP-601 version of the boards which I will get quotes or both version of boards soon.

2. I am interested in the 4CP-2511 myself ( like Jeremy Clarkson, I believe "bigger is better" :D) and can commit to 2 units - that's 3 units between obiwan and I. If we can get 2 more units we'll meet the minimum quota for production. Anyone interested?  

Edited by mwl168

1 hour ago, mwl168 said:

Sorry being late to response. A couple of things:

2. I am interested in the 4CP-2511 myself ( like Jeremy Clarkson, I believe "bigger is better" :D) and can commit to 2 units - that's 3 units between obiwan and I. If we can get 2 more units we'll meet the minimum quota for production. Anyone interested?  

Is any customisation possible? I have a couple of 4CP-2508s in my stock but it's really annoying that the shafts are so short that it's nearly impossible to use them with 10mm (or so front panels). If it's possible to have them made with longer shafts (5-10mm longer than the stock configuration) I'd be in for at least one and possibly two pcs.

//UFN

EDIT: The same question would apply to the CP601s actually ^_^

Edited by UFN

51 minutes ago, UFN said:

Is any customisation possible? I have a couple of 4CP-2508s in my stock but it's really annoying that the shafts are so short that it's nearly impossible to use them with 10mm (or so front panels). If it's possible to have them made with longer shafts (5-10mm longer than the stock configuration) I'd be in for at least one and possibly two pcs.

//UFN

EDIT: The same question would apply to the CP601s actually ^_^

Don't know, have never seen it, but I can certainly ask :)

10 minutes ago, Flyingsparks said:

Payment sent, thanks

Received, thanks!