TKD 4CP-601 & 4CP-2500 4-gang volume pot and PCB GB

mwl168

hanks UFN!

I did a layout that supports all 3 pots (4CP601, 4CP2500 and Alps RK27114). Similarly to Birgir's layout, this one would allow cutting to support a stereo pot if desired. 46.5 x 35.2 dimension

TKD 4CP test3.jpg

Edited by Pars
dimensions, new image
  • Like 1

Still waiting for seeed to get back to Michael or I regarding any problems with the board, but based on some feedback/suggestions on an eagle support forum, this should be close to final.

1. I placed the Molex/Phoenix jacks right on top of one another, which is the way I do it when I add these to an existing board.
  2. Slots are now filled rectangles rather than hollow rectangles, so should be easier for seeed to figure them out.
  3. For the bad pin overlap on row 3 of the Alps and row 4 of the CP601 center pins, I added a milled round slot and rectangular pads to top/bottom.
  4. For the overlap on row 1 center pins of the CP2500/Alps RK27, I added a milled slot.

Board is 46.6 x 35.4 mm.

combined board.jpg

I also redid the 4CP601 only board with the overlapping connectors. Of course I'm probably the only one who cares about these far superior connectors :)

Edited by Pars

Since this does all three, I'm in.  I started a group buy that included KG's alpsquad3 board so I'll cancel/drop that board if this gets offered.  I need 4 as well as one other person needing 2 so that makes 6

I wish I was thinking about this last month, I could've got in on the pots...  Dang, maybe someone will sell me one or there will be a second round.  One can only hope

Edited by sbelyo

I'm still waiting to hear from seeed regarding any issues with the slots and drill holes. I really don't know why someone would want the 2 TKD pot only board when the one that does all 3 is the same size/price. Also, I haven't updated that board in a few days.

As for channel / gang mapping on the pots, this version only swaps gangs 3 and 4 on the RK27 (ch 3 goes thru gang 4, ch 4 thru gang 3 of the pot). Otherwise, straight ch # to gang #.

Edited by Pars

On 9/22/2016 at 11:05 PM, Pars said:

As for channel / gang mapping on the pots, this version only swaps gangs 3 and 4 on the RK27 (ch 3 goes thru gang 4, ch 4 thru gang 3 of the pot). Otherwise, straight ch # to gang #.

If using the RK27 do I need to wire anything differently?  I'm thinking it doesn't really matter right?

What are the chances of doing a second round on the pots.  From what I read on them, I want to try them

Edited by sbelyo

After confirming the pinout of the Alpha 4-gang pot, I don't see any way of integrating this into the 3-pot board. The 2nd row of pins (tap) from the left are electrically active, so cannot touch any existing pad on the board. No way to do it in my playing around with the board, short of giving it its own space on the board. Add to this the difficulty in sourcing the part.

I am going to go with what I have, and will generate what I hope are the final gerbers in the next couple of days. Seeed has not responded to my email, so hopefully they are fine with the slots for the 16 pins on the 4CP2500, and fine with the additional 2 slots to mitigate drill overlaps. Slots should be cut before any other steps on the board, including drilling.

All slots need to be thru-plated, so Michael, please note that to Seeed when you place the order(s).

Update on the PCB part of this GB:

Pars has sent me final versions of the three boards (4CP601-only, 4CP601/4CP2500 and 4CP601/4CP2500/Als RK27). We are both waiting for Seeed's response to our inquiries of the rectangular plate-through holes. I plan to place the order for the boards to be made next week. 

Please use the spreadsheet in the 2nd post on this thread from MLA to specify your interest. 

below are the images of the boards:

TKD 4CP601 only final.JPG

TKD 4CP 2 pot final.JPG

TKD 4CP 3 pot final.JPG

On 2016-09-29 at 2:48 PM, sbelyo said:

I'm in for three of Pars's boards.  Can you edit the spreadsheet when you have a chance

Spreadsheet now has more editable lines. I've put your HC id in, so please add your number to the board type you want in the spreadsheet.

On 2016-09-29 at 10:37 PM, gwrskien said:

Please put me down for 3 Pars pcb`s also. Is there a price estimate for theese?

I've put your HC id in the spreadsheet, so please put your 3 in the board column you prefer. No exact price estimate yet, but 3-4 USD a piece would be a guess...

2 hours ago, palchiu said:

Spreadsheet is locked. May MLA help to unlock it?

Your HC id is in now, too, so please fill in board type and numbers.

For others who want boards; the name column will remain locked since I don't want to mess up the pot part of the GB in the spreadsheet.

If you want boards, just send me your HC id and I'll add you to the name column, after which you can state type and number in the board columns.

Edited by MLA

13 hours ago, gwrskien said:

It seems i can`t edit colum "h",  "f" and "g" are good, and i can edit there.. And i am listed twice..

Now column H should be possible to edit, and I've removed your unintended twin :)

2 hours ago, Pars said:

Yep, same here. Can edit f and g, but not h. Put me down for 3 of the all 3 pcbs (column h)

Done.

Pars has sent me final versions of the three boards (4CP601-only, 4CP601/4CP2500 and 4CP601/4CP2500/Als RK27). We are both waiting for Seeed's response to our inquiries of the rectangular plate-through holes. I plan to place the order for the boards to be made next week. 

I am opting for the 1.6mm thick and 2oz copper boards as previously stated. Pars shrank the board size since early on so now all the boards will be $3 USD each.  

Please update/finalize your board quantities on the spreadsheet before end of this coming weekend. I will be placing our order next week.

Please PayPal me the board cost using the account below and remember to include PayPal fee if you choose not to use the PayPal gift option.   

gmail.JPG