TKD 4CP-601 & 4CP-2500 4-gang volume pot and PCB GB

mwl168

Michael sent some boards down to me, and I did a test fit of a stereo TKD 2CP-2500. Fit is perfect! This is an older pot with the wider 3 mm terminals; the group buy pots should have the newer 2.5mm terminals, so will fit easily, The quad pots have 2 more decks than the stereo pot at the same spacing, so will also fit perfectly.

ATKD_CP2500_pcb1.thumb.JPG.32283e6df5b40e143c617c109abe1445.JPGlso, be very careful when soldering either a CP601 or CP2500 in. Do not bridge the holes shown in the red arrows below. There was no getting around this on these boards with the pots concentric with one another.

173112072_TKD_4CP_2potboardw-arrows.JPG.2a41250ade74cbb8ed414a73f9c6cf37.JPG

EDIT: Alps quad fits perfectly as well. Installed it and works great, much better than the wired up piece of veroboard I was using.

Edited by Pars
  • Like 1

1402855969_TKD_4CP_2potboardw-arrows-slots.JPG.e7979db50b480f28c4c491f4fc2192cb.JPGOops, thought I had the pic in there. It was basically lines between the slot and the pads the arrows are pointing to, which are what you need to be careful about not bridging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Pars

IMG_0458.JPG.jpeg

So, pots are in (this is just one of several boxes. Lots of pot...).

So far, I've tested all 4CP-601's. I've tested them for channel imbalance when used as voltage dividers in balanced configuration, i.e. the difference in voltage output between the combined output from the first two channels, and the combined output from last two channels.

Maximum tracking error in this config for all pots is around 2-3%. However, that 2-3 percent only shows up at the high output levels ( think last quarter of pot range towards full volume). Below that, tracking error is 1 % or less. 

With the usual reservations for unknown errors in test setup and/or my math, my conclusion is that we got a fine lot of pots this time around. Should you find otherwise when you get your pots, we'll work it out with TKD.    

I'll ship the US destined pots to mwl168 tomorrow for further distribution with boards in the US, and when the pot boards from mwl168 get here, I'll commence the non-US distribution. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, MLA said:

Maximum tracking error in this config for all pots is around 2-3%. However, that 2-3 percent only shows up at the high output levels ( think last quarter of pot range towards full volume). Below that, tracking error is 1 % or less. 

With the usual reservations for unknown errors in test setup and/or my math, my conclusion is that we got a fine lot of pots this time around. Should you find otherwise when you get your pots, we'll work it out with TKD.    

Excellent! Much appreciate your efforts on this :D 

//UFN

Edited by UFN
  • Like 1

Quick update: pots to US/Canada are en route to mwl168 for further distribution.

Once mwl168 has verified which board buyers are under my shipping jurisdiction, I'll get the non US/Canada board pile and start shipping those out together with pots.

Edited by MLA
it was pots, not boards, that were shipped to mwl168

Received the US/CA destined pots from MLA yesterday. The pots and boards fit perfectly as can be seen in the pic below. Many thanks to Pars and MLA for their great work!

Still waiting for a few board payments but soon as MLA and I figured out the shipping charge I will notify the US/CA GB participants of the final shipping cost and start sending pots/boards out. The shipping charge from MLA to me will be evenly spread between each pots I received. 

So far, we have one participant who did not respond to multiple payment reminders for pots and boards and will be stricken from the GB.

pot-board fit.JPG

TKD pots.JPG

TKD CP601-2511.JPG

Edited by mwl168
  • Like 1

I am ready to ship the US/Canada destined orders. $1 USD for each TKD volume pot will be added to the postage to cover the shipping from MLA to me.

For Canada destined packages I‘ll need to get quotes from USPS based on weight/destination and PM each individual.

For US destined orders we can either do the same or we can use the Flat Rate Priority Mail option which will be $6.8 USD per package. I can check other options but given that, except for sbelyo, everyone has one or more volume pots so order need to be sent as packages, by the time we add the cost of shipping container/envelop the saving is likely amount to 1 or 2 dollars.

For those that prefer to go with the Flat Rate Priority shipping option, please PayPal me $6.8 USD plus $1 each for the pots you ordered. Please remember to include your shipping address and HeadCase ID if you have not already done so previously. My PayPal ID:  gmail.JPG

If you prefer to go with the weight-and-calculate method please let me know either by responding to this post or PM me.

Thanks!

Only received three responses so far about shipping option. Two of these will be shipped today.

I will be leaving on a long trip in two weeks and would like to process all the US/CA shipments before I leave to avoid long wait so would really appreciate prompt responses.  

Again, flat rate USPS priority shipping option is $6.8 USD plus $1 for each of the pots you ordered for US destined packages. 

On 2016. 11. 30. at 0:48 PM, MLA said:

Quick update: boards to US/Canada are en route to mwl168 for further distribution.

Once mwl168 has verified which board buyers are under my shipping jurisdiction, I'll get the non US/Canada board pile and start shipping those out together with pots.

Sorry, my poor english maybe. What is missing for the EU shipping except your time what is fully understandable ?

52 minutes ago, judo said:

Sorry, my poor english maybe. What is missing for the EU shipping except your time what is fully understandable ?

No worries, it's wrong in the above post. Pots went to mwl168, not boards :)

The thing missing right now is the pcbs for the pots; mwl168 has sent the non-US pcbs to me but these have not yet arrived. As soon as they do, I'll start shipping pots and boards for the non-US GB participants.

Edited by MLA

A few packages including pots and boards have been shipped to US and CA participants.

MLA is waiting for the boards that I ship him about 10 days ago. There was delay on my end on figuring out how many boards to ship to MLA because I was not able to ascertain the country of residence of all the GB participants.