TKD 4CP-601 & 4CP-2500 4-gang volume pot and PCB GB

mwl168

On 12/20/2016 at 6:02 AM, mwl168 said:

All except 3 US/CA destined packages have been shipped yesterday.

Of the 3 remaining packages, 2 has not responded to my inquiries and 1 has asked for package to be held and shipped later.

I sent the payment yesterday. Please let me know if you got it. Thank you.

I'm looking at the TKDs from the GB and comparing them to the last 10k one I had from when I bought them in Japan myself. My old one has a different marking on the right side (looking directly at the shaft): A10KΩ. The GB ones just say 10KΩ. Should I be concerned these aren't logarithmic audio taper?

Well, log audio taper is what I ordered and I'm pretty sure that's what we received. That said, while I've tested all pots I only checked the taper on the first few (which was log audio); the rest I tested for channel imbalance only.

If you want to make sure yours is log audio, please remember to test it as a voltage divider (the ladder construction puts resistance measurements off the log curve). Hook it up to a small battery or similar and track Vout from the viper. Should it be the wrong taper, let me know and we'll sort it out. 

• 5 months later...

So, there seems to be competition in the market; behold the TKD-401. This looks like stereo only, but I bet between channel tracking is very precise, as long as you keep going straight.

IMG_0939.JPG

Edited by MLA
  • Like 2

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

I don't have any spare boards left, and I thought I had posted the gerbers in this thread, but I guess I hadn't. Here are the gerber files for the 2-pot (CP601/CP2500) and 3-pot (CP601/CP2500/Alps RK27) boards. Some place such as seeedstudio.com can run these for pretty cheap. Just give them the entire .zip file.

TKD 4CP 2 pot final.zip TKD 4CP 3 pot final.zip

• Like 2

7 hours ago, loz_the_guru said:

I'm in the UK. We don't seem to have any companies here set up for this sort of thing, so I'll probably be buying from china/the US anyway. 

Agree RE shipping costs, unless you happen to be this side of the pond too? 

I am in US and figured you are in UK thus the comment on the shipping cost. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/1/2021 at 9:19 PM, Pars said:

I don't have any spare boards left, and I thought I had posted the gerbers in this thread, but I guess I hadn't. Here are the gerber files for the 2-pot (CP601/CP2500) and 3-pot (CP601/CP2500/Alps RK27) boards. Some place such as seeedstudio.com can run these for pretty cheap. Just give them the entire .zip file.

TKD 4CP 2 pot final.zip 31.36 kB · 27 downloads TKD 4CP 3 pot final.zip 33.96 kB · 14 downloads

Thanks a lot Mr. Pars.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/1/2021 at 8:19 AM, Pars said:

TKD 4CP 2 pot final.zip 31.36 kB · 53 downloads TKD 4CP 3 pot final.zip 33.96 kB · 36 downloads

Hi Pars, wonder what pad size do you use for the 4CP? I'm going to make a board for 2CP. Thanks! 🙂

I used a long pad type in Eagle which was 2.1844mm with a 0.5mm drill hole. I then put a milling slot on it (instead of a hole) which was 3.2mm long x 0.8mm wide. The older TKDs had larger tabs on them than the more recent ones do. This pad works for either.

These boards work fine for a 2CP (I'm using one for that now). You could cut part of the board off for that if you wanted.

35 minutes ago, Pars said:

I used a long pad type in Eagle which was 2.1844mm with a 0.5mm drill hole. I then put a milling slot on it (instead of a hole) which was 3.2mm long x 0.8mm wide. The older TKDs had larger tabs on them than the more recent ones do. This pad works for either.

These boards work fine for a 2CP (I'm using one for that now). You could cut part of the board off for that if you wanted.

ohh my bad I mean the pads for the 4CP-601 not the 2500. But cutting your 4 gang board is a good idea too, thanks!