Thinking of having some gilmore boards made

sbelyo

I'm thinking of having some of the golden reference, dynalo, and alps quad pot boards made.

The place I was thinking of using was seeedstudio.com  Is there a better place for small runs?

Their least expensive option is 1mm thickness, 1oz copper in green.  Are those specs good enough? 

16 hours ago, kevin gilmore said:

2 or 3 oz copper for the dynalo boards to get rid of more heat

Understood...  Thank you sir

14 hours ago, cspirou said:

I have some extra Dynalo mk2 boards if you are interested. 2 oz copper. If you end up making the GRLV and the ALPS board I'd be willing to trade.

definitely, are they the latest one?

6 hours ago, Remolon said:

This is the Dynalo PCB I am using.

PCB_zpsds96faku.jpg

I ordered them from Elecrow. They are 94mmx74mm, 2 layer,1 oz. copper and 1,6mm thick. The price for 10 is 14USD plus shipping, and the quality is good enough.

that's cheap, I'll check them out

1 hour ago, sbelyo said:

looks good to me, have you built a set yet?

I haven't built any yet. I made a project list on mouser to order the parts for two channels but I haven't ordered any yet.

https://eu.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?State=EDIT&ProjectGUID=f3a20e6c-4a70-42d5-8238-8780fd13c25b

My money is a little tight for the moment so I am just keeping the PCBs for now. When I do start I want to make the power supply and amp in separate chassis so that they can stack and take up a smaller footprint.

so I can't totally vouch for easyeda but they did pass testing and i have no reason to doubt their functionality.

40 minutes ago, cspirou said:

I haven't built any yet. I made a project list on mouser to order the parts for two channels but I haven't ordered any yet.

https://eu.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?State=EDIT&ProjectGUID=f3a20e6c-4a70-42d5-8238-8780fd13c25b

My money is a little tight for the moment so I am just keeping the PCBs for now. When I do start I want to make the power supply and amp in separate chassis so that they can stack and take up a smaller footprint.

so I can't totally vouch for easyeda but they did pass testing and i have no reason to doubt their functionality.

What are the dimensions of these boards? I might be up for a pair.

2 hours ago, cspirou said:

ok, definitely save a set for me.  I will most likely order both the power supply and the quad alps board early next week.  Looks to be about $133 USD for 10 of each.  The PSU should be $8.42 and the alps board would be $4.90

I'm going to use 4 of both so that'll leave 6 up for grabs

2 hours ago, RudeWolf said:

What are the dimensions of these boards? I might be up for a pair.

I ordered it as 139mm x 78mm. Measured with my caliper they are a half millimeter short in both dimensions so perfectly fine. Send me a PM if you are interested.

43 minutes ago, sbelyo said:

ok, definitely save a set for me.  I will most likely order both the power supply and the quad alps board early next week.  Looks to be about $133 USD for 10 of each.  The PSU should be $8.42 and the alps board would be $4.90

I'm going to use 4 of both so that'll leave 6 up for grabs

Got one pair on hold for you. I read somewhere that KG recommends 3oz copper for the GRLV, is that what you are doing? For the ALPS board I think you can get away with less copper because it's low current. Let me know when you get the boards.

The original place I was going to use did not have 3 oz as an option.  But, I found this place http://www.pcbway.com/  

Their prices are better for small qty and they do have 3oz as an option.  The problem is it triples the cost of the board.  I'd have to increase the order to 20 boards to make it around $10 a board.  I think that's doable if I organized a group buy but I've never done one before and was trying to avoid it.  Let me see if there's any interest in a group buy