CLOSED: Alpha/Song Huei Potentiometer Group Buy and TKD Attenuators

cspirou

Updated the TKD spreadsheet, let me know if there are any weird math errors.

TKD likes to deal in yen, I use euros and dealing in dollars would mean that I would have to convert between 3 different currencies to make the purchase. Way too complicated, so all prices have been changed to euros. Also learned my lesson with the Song Huei GB and I have included a 21% VAT, plus 2% to deal with currency fluctuations. Any discrepancies will be credited to your shipping.

Prices are based on the last quote I received so consider them estimates for the time being. Final prices will be updated right before I request money for the order. When it comes time to pay, I'll send a request through PayPal or TransferWise. I advise using Transferwise if you are using dollars or anything that isn't euros because they give reasonable rates and low fees. On the day of the order if I haven't received your money then your pots won't be included in the order.

Also let me remind you that there is no minimum order amount on any item with TKD. So if there is an item that I haven't listed in their catalog that you want, let me know and I will add it. If you have trouble editing the spreadsheet then let me know what you want and I'll add you.

• 2 weeks later...

Finalizing prices with TKD this week. Let me know now if there are any items you would like to add. The sheet will be locked soon after.

Also is there any consensus on the Song Heui pots? Are they as good as the Alpha labeled 21mm pots? Should I bother doing a bulk order group buy to reach the 1000 MOQ?

Edited by cspirou

• 2 weeks later...

TKD group buy is now closed.

Some people have been on here for awhile so I'll send a DM to see if you are still in and then request your email so I can send a paypal invoice. If you prefer transferwise then let me know and I'll send a request through them.

Most of you have been pretty prompt with payments. Only 4 left. I'll give you guys the weekend and I'll place the order on Monday. Whoever has paid by that time will get their order placed and the rest will be removed. If I get everyone's payment by tomorrow then I'll place the order tomorrow.

Also to let you know that even though I closed the group buy, you can still join if you tell me exactly what you want and can pay quickly.

After a week dealing with banking, language and time zone issues the payment has finally gone through. Now just need to wait two months.

Fees have been added to spreadsheet. The transaction fee was divided evenly among everyone and the shipping fee was divided on a per item basis. More will be added later when it comes time to ship to everyone.

• 1 month later...

Pots have arrived! For the US I am sending a bulk package to a family member and then reshipping. This should be cheaper then sending directly to each person from France. Everyone in EU/Asia will get it directly from me. Unlike the Song Heui pots I got my tax bill immeadiately, so no surprises this time. I'll update the shipping + fees section soon when I get it all figured out.

IMG_20170522_025745.thumb.jpg.08e38e4e199aba1c914cb5e202a6f3ad.jpg

IMG_20170522_025905.thumb.jpg.2174845eea032137718ee9e877bacc5f.jpg

IMG_20170522_030102.thumb.jpg.92e8e4135f9286d2cf69311e18b3af53.jpg

• Like 1

A little update. I have shipped the attenuators destined to the US to a relative. When he receives them he just needs to go to the post office and get the packages priced.

I also have some interviews I need to prepare for right now so I've pushed back finishing this until next week. I hope this delay isn't an issue for most of you. If you haven't already sent me your mailing address, then please let me know now.

• 2 weeks later...

Job interview went well.

Sheets have been updated to reflect the amount I paid in VAT vs my estimated amount. It should just be a small change for most people. Shipping prices haven't been posted yet so please do not pay the rest until I post those prices. The smaller pots are a bit tricky to pack because the pins are really delicate, so I don't know if embedded in styrofoam is a good idea.

My relative handling the USA shipping has received the package and will have shipping posted by tomorrow. He needs to leave for two weeks on Thursday, so try to pay as soon as the final prices are announced unless you don't mind waiting for an extra two weeks.

Great, now I have to go on a trip too. Most of the packages are boxed up but I haven't posted shipping. I'll be away until June 22. As soon as I get back the only thing I'll be doing is working on shipping these pots ASAP. Sorry about the delay folks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update to let you know I didn't run off with your pots. All USA pots have been packed and shipping totals will be posted tomorrow. All packages will include tracking and let me know if you want insurance too.

The rest will ready before the end of the week. Remember that the price listed is in euros and to PayPal me the money to the email I sent you through DM.

• Like 1

All USA addresses have been labeled and ready to ship. Shipping prices have been updated on the spreadsheet. I will PM you tracking numbers along with a reminder of my email and amount. As soon as I get paid then I'll send out the package.

The rest will be ready later this week. Also if you think there is a discrepancy between what you paid me and what I have posted then let me know. I might have forgot to add your contribution.

Edited by cspirou