CLOSED: Alpha/Song Huei Potentiometer Group Buy and TKD Attenuators

cspirou

Edit: Group buy on Song Huei pots is closed. Please see the this post for the current TKD group buy

The latest version of the Dynalo SS Mini board uses a 21 mm alpha potentiometer. Song Huei potentiometers are identical in every way and and inquiry with them has led to the possibility of a small order limited to ~100 potentiometers. Otherwise we would need a minimum order of 1000. Due to the low number of available potentiometers, whoever is ordering a Dynalo Mini SS PCB will get first priority and extra potentiometers will be limited. Due to the reported failure rate of these potentiometers, I will also accept returns to send back to Song Huei in order to get an exchange or refund. You do not have an option to choose a refund unless I get refunded for the potentiometer. This may seem like a hassle but the potentiometers are also only $4 each.

There is also some interest in TKD pots for people that missed out on the other group buy. These are not compatible with the current Dynalo Mini(yet) but will be fine with the Dynalo SS v9 boards or any other balanced project.

an excel GB sheet will be available soon

Edit:

Group buy sheet is available here

Anyone who is buying a PCB on sbelyo's GB spreadsheet is automatically added to this one. People are allowed one pot per PCB and after that any pots left are up for grabs. However just because you are buying a PCB doesn't automatically mean you want to be part of this group buy so please register your interests as well as any surplus pots you might want. The names and number of pots are directly linked to the other group buy so if you want to join this you must buy a PCB. I realize that some people are added that are not buying the Dynalo Mini but that's only because the scripting to remove names linked to another spreadsheet was becoming a headache, I have already labeled those people as none-participants. This group buy will be very short as I must submit my order by Oct 4th according to the email I received, perhaps two weeks more at most. Since this is such short notice I'll probably buy it out of my own funds as long as I reach a certain threshhold of payments and then I can wait a little bit more for others to pay me.

There is a separate group buy for TKD attenuators which have no limit. You will need to add your name separately for that group buy. TKD does not stock anything and makes everything to order. This means that there is a wait between 1.5-2 months. Other information on this TKD group buy can by found on the other page which recently closed

If you want other TKD products the page is open to editing and you can just add the category. Otherwise just let me know and I will add it.

A lot of these details are not set in stone so expect more updates

Edit2:

I did a bit of reorganizing and my thoughts on this are a bit more clear. First the Song Huei and TKD pots are on separate sheets now. The TKD one is right here. The other thing is that now the number of pots accounted for is reflected more accurately whether you chose to join the GB or not. If you have already mentioned here your interest then I have already marked "Yes" for you. From the way it looks we might be able to accommodate all orders. Here are the different phases I have for ordering the SH pots.

Phase 1: Everyone ordering a PCB will be able to order one pot per PCB. This will last until Oct 1 at midnight, GMT

Phase 2: Anyone not part of the PCB group buy will be able to register interests in leftover pots. This will last until Oct 2 at midnight, GMT

Phase 3: The number of pots will be fixed and totals will be posted. Payment will be expected through paypal. Because of the tight scheduling I will not require 100% of all payments but I do need a threshold of at least 60% of all orders paid for me to place an order.

Phase 4: By october 4 the order must be submitted. Note that if the total number of pots is under 99 than anyone can still order some as long as I receive payment before I place the order.

Phase 5: When pots are received shipping charges will be posted.

TKD pots do not have this time constraint and will have a very different procedure.

Edited by cspirou
Added information

Updated my post and added the GB page. You can't join this through my page but you can by buying a PCB. If you have already requested pots I will add your info

Oh, I also wanted to mention that certain people involved in the creation of the Dynalo SS will get some sort of priority since it wouldn't be possible without them. @Kerry, can you add your name to the other GB but put zero for the number of boards you want to order? You and @kevin gilmore(and anyone else you think I should include) are exceptions to the PCB=pot rationing rule I have imposed.

Edited by cspirou

Oh, and we've already reached the 99 pot threshold if everyone that buys a PCB decides to join this group buy. I wrote Song Huei an email to see if I can get the 57 pots with the other shaft as well for a total of 156. Again, really sorry about this rationing. I also know that just because you don't get a PCB from sbleyo doesn't mean you don't plan on making your own but this is just what makes sense to me for now.

Wanted to let people know that if you are part of the drop for PCBs and want a pot for your boards then tonight is time to register your participation. Adding your name for PCBs after tonight will not give you priority anymore in requesting pots.

This means this opens up to everyone in general. People with PCB orders can request pots but just know these aren't prioritized the same way.

Phase 1 is over and we are now onto phase 2. Anyone can now add their name and register their interest. Plus use the excess 10k column. Those that have said they will purchase a PCB have those numbers locked but you can still change your number of excess pots. People that did not register their interest or chose 'No' have been removed. We have a total of 62 pots from the PCB GB which is less then 99(or 156 if we are lucky) which means everyone that is getting a PCB will be able to get a pot for that PCB. 37 are left. From excess orders we have already passed this so I can say not everyone will get what they want. But I will say that each person that makes a request will get 1 for sure (unless we get more then 37 people requesting).

I'd like to try to test every pot before I send them out because it's probably much better to send the bad ones in one big batch rather then sending them all out and then doing returns for a few pots at a time. If someone could help me brainstorm a way to quickly test pots that would be appreciated.

3 hours ago, Kerry said:

I'd like to add my pots to the sheet but it is locked.  Can you add me in for 10 of the 10K and 10 of the 50K.

Thanks

PS  If it needs to be less on the 10K that's fine.

added

Edited by cspirou

5 hours ago, cspirou said:

Wanted to let people know that if you are part of the drop for PCBs and want a pot for your boards then tonight is time to register your participation. Adding your name for PCBs after tonight will not give you priority anymore in requesting pots.

This means this opens up to everyone in general. People with PCB orders can request pots but just know these aren't prioritized the same way.

Slipped my mind that "tonight" was European time. Needed two to go with two PCBs, but will just have to see what remains.