CLOSED: Alpha/Song Huei Potentiometer Group Buy and TKD Attenuators

cspirou

phase 2 ends tonight at midnight GMT. I haven't heard back from Song Huei yet on the 55 other pots but I think it's because it's the weekend. If I hear  something then phase 2 will remain open for one more day, otherwise I'll allocate the 99 pots the best way I can so people know exactly how much they owe.

Phase 2 is over and the group buy sheet has been locked. Everyone is still free to join the TKD group buy.

The number of excess pots will be massaged now until we have a total of 99 from both columns. I will say that everyone will get at least one and I will try to distribute them in the most sensible way possible. Also if anyone wanted to leave this group buy then now is the time to tell me. If however we get the other pots then everyone gets what they requested with a few to spare.

Just heard back from Song Huei and it's really firm at 99 pieces. It does mean that we can order different shaft lengths. For example, 56 of the 20 mm shafts and 43 of the 25 mm shafts. There is no way to get 50k at this small quantity, sorry @Kerry. Although I think it's better to keep things simple and order all 25mm shafts.

so unless we decide to order 1000 pieces, this is what we have. I'll try to brush off my Eagle skills to get an adapter board going for other pots.

Edited by cspirou

Number and prices have been finalized on the group buy. Here is my process in determining the allocation of pots.

1.) Everyone requesting supplementary pots can buy one

2.) Everyone that wasn't part of the PCB GB can buy 2. This is to ensure they get at least one working one

3.) Kerry can get another 4 because he created the board

4.) This left another 7. These were distributed at random determined by wolframalpha.com to anyone that was requesting more than one excess pot.

I hope this is transparent enough for everyone. Please use paypal to send me the amount you owe listed in the spreadsheet using the email addresssmaller_email.jpg. Include your head-case ID when you send the order so I know who you are. Later on I will request a mailing address when it comes time to ship. When I reach 60% of the total amount I will submit the order immediately. If we do not reach this amount by tomorrow I will refund everyone's money. (See Edit) Other unforseen fees or taxes will be incorporated into the shipping amount later on.

2 hours ago, joehpj said:

I am in for SH's 25 pcs. Am I too late? The sheet was locked.

Yeah, it's a bit late but it wouldn't have mattered anyway since we are limited to only 99 pieces for this Group Buy. However I am already looking into creating a second group buy to reach the minimum order of 1000 pieces. Everyone would need to order at least 20 pots each but the price/pot is cheap enough to where that isn't unreasonable. Stay tuned. In the meantime the TKD group buy is not locked.

Edit:

I was still a little sleepy when I wrote this. For some reason I thought I had to order 99 no matter what. What I really mean to say is that I will order all 99 when we reach 60%. If we don't reach this threshold then I will just order the pots for people that have paid me.

Edited by cspirou

I have an update on the TKD group buy. No price breaks until we get to 100 pieces. Here are the quoted prices as of today's rates:

4CP-601(for all resistances) - 3200 yen ($31.51) with a price break at 100 pieces  at 2800 Yen ($27.57)

4CP-2500(for all resistances) - 8300 yen ($81.72) with a price break at 100 pieces  at 7400 Yen ($72.86)

There is a bank fee of 4000 yen if the total order is less then 50,000 yen. Sheet will be updated to reflect these prices.

Also wanted to remind people that you are expected to take care of the paypal fees. It's ok for now since it can still be incorporated into the shipping price

Edited by cspirou

I did an inquiry on the cost if we decided to do a large bulk group buy. For 1000 pieces the cost is $3.38 each. Buying 15 would be around $50 which is the cost of some individual pots. Plus you don't only have to use them for making Dynalos. We would need about 67 people buying 15 pcs to make this work, but I know there's more than a few people that would buy, 20-50.

The bad news is that it would all have to be one type unless they happen to have the material in stock. After this GB is complete and it turns out these pots are pretty good, I'll start a page for a GB with a large minimum order, ending as soon as we reach 1000 pcs. I'll check when we reach 500 pcs just in case. Hopefully this would allow to have enough of these circulating in the "For Sale" section so we don't have to do another group buy like this again.

Also someone else sent me another paypal payment without head-case ID. Initials JG. Message me your real name to get credit.