CLOSED: Alpha/Song Huei Potentiometer Group Buy and TKD Attenuators

cspirou

Update

Received the invoice and paid. Delivery date is Nov 30, 2016. Fees for shipping to me and bank transfer will be included and updated in the spreadsheet. These fees will be divided among everyone equally. This should be close to $5 each. Remember that if you are using the goods and merchandise option through paypal to please include a 2.9% + $0.30 for the paypal service charge. Using the gift option will not incur a charge. I should hear back from the manufacturer for an update by next week and will let you guys know about that. But there is not much more to do but wait.

In the mean time I will work on a setup to measure pots quickly and accurately to make sure they are within spec. This may delay shipping a little bit but I'd like it if every pot everyone bought is a working pot. When it comes time to ship I will look into shipping all the USA/CAN orders to another member and then have them take care of those order individually. This should be cheaper then individually sending each order from France. Of course if you just want to receive your package faster and pay more, then that can be arranged as well.

Edited by cspirou
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, cspirou said:

Update

Received the invoice and paid. Delivery date is Nov 30, 2016. Fees for shipping to me and bank transfer will be included and updated in the spreadsheet. These fees will be divided among everyone equally. This should be close to $5 each. Remember that if you are using the goods and merchandise option through paypal to please include a 2.9% + $0.30 for the paypal service charge. Using the gift option will not incur a charge. I should hear back from the manufacturer for an update by next week and will let you guys know about that. But there is not much more to do but wait.

I would have split the other fees proportional to the number of pots each person ordered.  That way each person pays the same amount per pot. 

Either way, I'm not trying to complain here.  Thanks for organizing and for the update =)

5 hours ago, gwrskien said:

Do you have the price for  2cp-601? 10k? I could use som SE pot`s as well. If more people are interested, maybe this could be added to the group buy?

I did not get a quote on stereo attenuators. However I have no problem adding it to the GB. We don't need to wait for more people since they do not have a minimum order. Group buys are usually not needed for the stereo pots since they are available on other sites. But a quick check shows that a 2CP-601 pot is about $40 which is more then the 4CP pot for this GB. I would estimate that it would be between the $20-$30 range. Do you want the attenuator or the potentiometer?

2 hours ago, chiguy said:

I would have split the other fees proportional to the number of pots each person ordered.  That way each person pays the same amount per pot. 

Either way, I'm not trying to complain here.  Thanks for organizing and for the update =)

I was floating between the two and decided on each person since it's low amount to split between everyone. I actually couldn't make up my mind so I flipped a coin. :P

A little update:

Song Heui has confirmed that they have received payment and the gears are in motion. The rep estimated that the order should be complete by Nov 4. When I receive the pots is another matter.

I will update on the fees payed on the spreadsheet soon as well as additional information on the TKD group buy. Please let me know if there is anything else you would like to order from TKD and I will add to the GB page. Note that the price for the TKD page is just as estimate based on the exchange rate on google. Real money transfers use slightly higher rates. I'll probably put rates a bit higher. No need to worry about paying excess because it will be applied toward shipping.

Sorry for taking so long on this. Onto the TKD group buy! Spreadsheet is here

This group buy is mainly for balanced 4-gang variable attenuators made by TKD. Note that this is very different from the potentiometers which are more like variable resistors. TKD has no minimum quantities so any item in their current catalog can be ordered. This is what I currently have on the group buy

4CP-601 10k
4CP-2500 10k
4CP-601 50k
2CP-601 10k

I only have price quotes for the 4CP-601 and the 4CP-2500 for now. I will also request prices for the stereo attenuators and potentiometers as well.

All prices are listed in dollars. Prices for potentiometers are based on the trading price on transferwise.com plus 5% to account for price fluctuations. Any excess amounts will go towards your shipping and related fees so there shouldn't be an issue with overpaying a little. When it comes time for payment you can use paypal but I may also accept transferwise for people paying in a different currency to save a bit on fees.

Lead time is between 1.5-2 months. I don't know when to close this group buy but I prefer to do it sooner rather then later due to the long wait. For now I am still gathering interest.

Edited by cspirou

• 3 weeks later...