Westworld

TMoney

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'd say if you liked, and followed, season 1, then the second is a natural extension & worth your watch. S2 had some amazingly beautiful episodes (the one's that centered on Shogun World & the native American Ghost World, come to mind), culminating in a finale that provides a satisfying payoff for your efforts, imo.

I just finished season 3, and I can't recommend it to anyone, sadly...

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I rewatched season two and finished season three.  I can tell you exactly where they lost me:  when they reduced people to books in season two.   They backpedaled a little bit when they said free will was hard, but then they doubled down in the behind the scenes after the last episode saying that 90% are still 100% predictable and it’s only the psychos that are the “outliers”.  I’m not an outlier!  I’m far too lazy, but I’ve been thinking for myself since I was 16.  People are more complex than weather, and we know what kind of computational power that takes to predict.

That said, they do have moments of brilliance like the aforementioned Ghost Nation and Shogun World episodes as well as the episode, ‘Genre’ in the current season and the production values are always off the hook good quality, so I will probably keep watching.  But definitely tuning out all the pretentious.

• 2 years later...

I didn’t know whether to trust this show again. Season 3 was such a clusterfuck I that I couldn’t believe they brought the show back at all.

I’m glad I gave it another chance. I don’t really know where this new season is headed but so far they seem to have learned from their extravagances in season 3 and got back to the mind-fuckery that drew us all to Westworld to being with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, blessingx said:

Independent of any interest in the looping timeline and slick visuals or for pay-off of time already invested, is anyone actually enjoying Westworld at this point? 

Honestly, with Zaslav at the helm now it feels like we need to enjoy things like WW while we still can.

The Discovery+-ification of HBO and Warners is coming and I'm not very hopeful that niche, pretentious TV will have a place in it.

Edited by TMoney

53 minutes ago, TMoney said:

Honestly, with Zaslav at the helm now it feels like we need to enjoy things like WW while we still can.

The Discovery+-ification of HBO and Warners is coming and I'm not very hopeful that niche, pretentious TV will have a place in it.

19897ac6781f5aac029573cd8663020e

Indeed

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2022/08/john-oliver-takes-shots-at-new-business-daddy-warner-bros-discovery

• Like 1