Balanced to unbalanced board

sbelyo

I found out that the switchboard needs a microprocessor (arduino etc) to control it.  same signaling as the original attenuator board.  The idea is no standing power on the relays.

Could someone familiar with this setup take a look at the board just to double check it?

Would the buffers be installed vertically like on the ubal/bal board? I feel like it might be an issue with stacking one board over the other in that case. I am not likely to use it either because I'll already have the ubal/bal boards.

However I would use an interface for the digital attenuator. I am totally fine with the switch board as is but I wouldn't have an issue with extra features either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Drew up a little relay board for I/O since the one in the recent group buy one didn't quite fit what I wanted to do. Mainly it was that I needed to use I2C instead of SPI and I want to try stacking XLRs sideways to save space on the back panel. Any suggestions on how to improve it are appreciated. 0.3mm width traces

502ec4b81a.png

f0a42a9969.png

• Like 1

Consider using jumpers (i.e. 2x3 header) instead of the DIP switch to set the I2C address?.

It should be a bit smaller and once you set the address I doubt it's going to change, so jumpers should be fine :)

//UFN

• Like 1

I looked into it and the relays and headers dictate the length of the board so I can't save anything there and it would probably only shave about 1-2mm off the width of the board, which probably isn't enough to do anything. Plus the DIP switch hearkens back to my horrible memories of grade school flip-flop truth table quizzes.