Hockey Thread - 2016/2017 Season

bozebuttons

Boston extends at least one more game.....despite the refs' best attempts at fucking the Bruins over.  The reffing has been bad a lot this year, and in these playoffs.  But it seems that too many game-changing calls/non-calls have hurt the Bruins this series.  They lost in OT last game after a roughing call that was MUCH less than non-calls during the game.  And two calls last night went against the Bruins: a goaltender interference call (that was questionable; someone posted an even worse interference call in the Rangers/Montreal series that was allowed as a goal), and a missed call for an Ottawa D covering the puck in the blue paint.

I am admiring what the Bruins are doing without 3 of their starting defensemen, and their best scorers not raising their game (one is likely hurt, and maybe re-injured in the last game by a knee on knee hit/trip that of course wasn't called).  Some youth has stepped up, and it has their future looking a bit better.

But would love to see them fight through and take this series...just not sure they have enough in them.

Best series of round 1 finished. Toronto is going to be the bane of many folks for years to come...

But for now, Washington - you have one job to do. End the curse, beat the goddamn Pens once and for all. I'm fully Caps bandwagon round 2.

• Like 1

Bruins losing made me feel bad.  Ref's skewed a few too many things, but Bruins were also without 2 of their top-3 D-men, mostly without their 2nd line center, and had some other injuries as well.  And the Senators just outplayed them.

Hats off to Ottawa, with few exceptions they are a tough team to hate.  The handshake line, and the way Erik Karlsson handled himself, just oozed class and good grace.  He's a great player and a credit to the game.

Now I root for someone other than the Pens in the East.  Would like to see Ovie get a ring, but can also root for the Rangers and King Henry.

Not sure who I want in the West.  I don't dislike the players in Edmonton, but I DO hate the fact that they tanked so much to get such talent.

We'll see what happens.....

I can't decide if I'd rather see Nashville or Edmonton in finals... I can't root for St Louis (on principal as a hawks fan) and I fucking HATE the current Ducks core ever since their 2015 conference finals. Cory Perry is truly a unique piece of shit and I would love Nashville to tune him up nice and good over the next few weeks. 

Preds vs Caps sounds fun as hell. 

• Like 1

Game 1 loss is on Holtby. I get that all three goals against weren't exactly 'easy stops', but you have to make a few big saves to keep your team in it. Hard to believe Flower Power outplayed Holtby but that's the way it goes. Also - some Pen literally just layed on the puck during one of the crazy scrambles near the end there and I coulda sworn that should be a delay of game. 

As for the other game tonight, where in the fuck did Ottawa come from?

7 hours ago, Aura said:

As for the other game tonight, where in the fuck did Ottawa come from?

Yes, surprising!  With the Bruins having so many injuries, they really still could have taken the series (or at least brought it to seven games) without idiot ref calls.

I thought the combo of the Rangers strength, scoring, and speed - along with the way King Henrik played in round 1 - would make it so they would handle the Sen's easier than the Bruins did.  But yeah, they keep hanging on......