Hockey Thread - 2016/2017 Season

bozebuttons

Still not sure what I think of the Crosby hit.  I don't think Niskanen was going for the headshot.  However, Niskanen certainly was going to crosscheck Crosby, that we do know.  And nice slash by Ovi.

I'm a huge Crosby fan.  I don't understand the haters.  He's clearly among the top handful of players in the world, if not the best.  He's a pleasure to watch.  And his ability is simply awesome.  I'd hate to see his career cut short due to concussion issues.

Rangers win was huge last night.  They are a better team than the Sens and I expect the series to turn around now.

Crosby plays hard in the paint, and gets hurt.  That's part of the game.  The slash could have been called, as could several others in the other direction during the game.  Nisky clearly deserved a penalty.  But a game misconduct was because it was Crosby.

The list of reasons why people hate Crosby is long.  You can start with the spearing and the nut punching.  He plays dirty, but doesn't want to take responsibility when people respond.

Yeah, thinking the Rangers figured out what to do with the talent they have.  If Boston had more (or maybe even just less injuries), it may have been B's and Rag's in round two.  But happy to see NY getting their game on.....  Boucher's 1-3-1 trap is mighty boring.

Can anyone beat Pittsburgh, though?!  Even without Crosby.....  Their second-tier players are really coming through, despite an occasional Bonino-embellishment

Edited by skullguise

Holy hell the Oilers-Ducks game was incredible.  I'd be throwing up all day if I were an Oilers fan.  3 goals in the final 3 mins?!  FUCK.  And great screaming Jesus, McDavid is unreal.  Literally almost every single time he touches the puck, he does something amazing.  His skating is ridiculous. He spins and bounces off guys like they are old men.  He is dangerous anywhere on the ice.  So much fun to watch. 

2 hours ago, Aura said:

I suspect a couple of these series are going 7. Sens/Rags most likely I hope. 

Also I can't believe Crosby is back already. That seems risky but playoffs is playoffs. 

most likely he didn't have a concussion, but some other minor injury.  With their buffer, they decided to play a game...

Dinny, know what you mean.  They were built with speed, strength and skill.  I really thought they'd do what the Bruins couldn't; and the Bruins were so close despite many injuries (and lousy ref calls/non-calls).

Going to be glued to the TV tonight for Pens-Caps.  I don't have any preference at this point, except the Pens won last year.  So go Caps!

For the West, I want Nashville all the way now.

So Ottawa and Pittsburgh....I think the Pens are way too fast for the 1-3-1 trap that the Sens have.  Though i thought the same about the Rangers and they lost.  But Pens are a step above that - maybe a BIG step.  Ottawa may just run out of steam, but their run has been almost epic.  Karlsson has been playing near-lights-out, with a hairline fracture in one foot.  Amazing.....

Haven't seen to much of the West games, but just would like to see Nashville go forward, having never been that far.

Goddamnit, sorry Dinny and Dan for Rags and Caps. Last night was completely the opposite of what I was going for.

Fingers crossed Ottawa eeks out a little more of this momentum. But even with a war torn D, it's hard to deny that a "good" Fleury + Crosby and Malkin is good enough to take anyone.