Animal lovers

Aimless1

Many of us enjoy our pets and love animals.  I make it a habit to support businesses that support my causes including animal welfare.  A local business has a long history of donating to the local animal shelter/humane society. 

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2016/10/bissell_hosts_local_animal_she.html#incart_river_home

No disclaimer needed.  Other than having clients that work there I have no vested interest in the company.  Have one of their carpet cleaners which works as advertised.  Something to consider when you purchase products that they make.

• Like 4

So I didn't tell this story, because it had me so upset. But now I need to vent and this seems like the thread to do that.

For a few months now I've been feeding a Mother kitty, her four babies and the Father too. I have been making it a point to handle all of them and get them socialized. So about a week ago I called the new no kill shelter in my area, told her I had 4 weaned kittens and their Mom that need to find good homes. She came out that afternoon. I picked up three of the kittens and put them in her cage. She walked over to her truck, with the cage and started fiddling with something. I then noticed her giving them shots, and assumed it was vaccinations. Then I noticed that the kittens were not moving. I asked her what the shots were, and she told me she euthanized them. I started screaming at her, asking her what the fuck she did that for? She went ballistic on me and threatened to have me arrested. Then she told me to give her the Mother and the remaining kitten, to which I promptly told her to fuck off and get the fuck off of my driveway. She called the cops. The cops arrived and talked to her first, I could not hear them. Then they came and talked to me. I explained the situation, and explained that when I called I made clear that the kittens were social, weaned and needed to be placed in homes. The cops told me that I should not be feeding stray cats, and that I needed to give her the remaining cats. By this time I had put them in my motor home. I told them that there was no law against feeding stray cats, and if there was then they would need to arrest me, because I was not going to give that woman the other cats. They got a bit pushy with me, but I held my ground. My neighbor manages the park, and heard the loud voices. She backed me up and asked them to leave until they had a warrant for the cats. 

Here's the thing...This is supposed to be a NO KILL shelter, and they get their funding advertising as such. So I have been putting up flyers around town, telling people what occurred, and I think the shit may have hit the fan, because she was at my RV when I arrived home from work, screaming at me for telling people she killed the kittens. I got the manager, and she made her leave the park.

This bitch has no clue who she fucked with! I will keep up my campaign until she's fired. I plan on protesting at the shelter on Saturday. I am also very disappointed in the local police.  

Sorry to rant, but I am so pissed off right now

• Like 6

I'm so pissed off... Normally i'm against hitting any living creature. But wtf?!?!?!??! Recently a kitten died on my lap, cuz we couldn't act faster, and the it still punishes me as i remember the scene. How the f.. can someone euthanize kittens?

She deserves to be get fired. Anything i can do about it from Turkey? If you can start a online campaign on change.org or any other websites, i can sign and make people sign. Or any other thing...

Edited by Sechtdamon

26 minutes ago, swt61 said:

Sandra Sue Benson Animal Adoption Center

I found the institution on google and gave 1 star and made a comment about what happened. If any more things i can do, let me know.

Ffs, i thought these kind of things happens only in Turkey... You should sue their asses.

Edited by Sechtdamon
  • Like 1

Well now that I'm starting to calm down, I do regret my name calling. I do not like to call anyone a bitch, but what she did was not only shocking, but completely against what she advertises. And that needs to be brought into the open. 

Oh, she's done in my book Al. She made the big mistake of giving me a mission. I don't know how many remember when Verizon messed with me, but that only made me determined to see it through, even though it took 11 nights on the phone, averaging 4 hours per night.

And that was just over a new phone! This lady has no idea the lengths I will go to!

Edited by swt61
  • Like 7

They do rely on donations, and they advertise that they are a no kill shelter to get those donations.

What really gets me is why? Why would you kill kittens that are social and easily adoptable? Why would she euthanize them in front of me? Had she waited until she got back to the shelter, I would never have known. Big, big, big mistake! 

• Like 1

Sandra Sue Benson Animal Adoption Center

Just Google this and made a comment about what happened on Google, even if 5-6 people do that, people who Google the name of the institution will see the comments. And those comments can be seen on Google Maps too. It can be very effective.

Sandra Sue.jpg

Edited by Sechtdamon
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, swt61 said:

What really gets me is why? Why would you kill kittens that are social and easily adoptable? Why would she euthanize them in front of me? Had she waited until she got back to the shelter, I would never have known. Big, big, big mistake! 

Yeah, I'm confounded, too.  Everything about what she did stinks.  Why did she lie about what she was going to do, if it was legal, or even her job?

When my sister was in Sofia, she had to send my Bobby to me in America, because the stray cat population was so huge, most people felt the same way as she did -- that they were nothing but a problem.  But in America?  In Texas?  I wouldn't be surprised if she lost her job elsewhere from doing the same thing.  WTF is wrong with people?

I would contact the police -- they're probably "reacting" because she's the one who called them (...first), if you can calmly and clearly indicate to them your side of the story, I think they wouldn't be so quick to give you a hard time, and maybe even go back to her about the wrong she did in this matter.

• Like 1

Since we have our own topic i want to contiune from here.

The shelter is nearly finished. :) Only doors are not installed cuz they should use to use it first and the weather is not bad yet.

Here are the latest photos:

Before:

DSCN3543.JPG

After:

DSCN3545.JPG

DSCN3548.JPG

And the doors:

DSCN3551.JPG

And here are some of our fellas eating:

DSCN3542.JPG

Good things happen too. Well it's not completely finished but, it became completely useable. :) Again i'm open to any suggestion of improvements.

Edited by Sechtdamon
  • Like 7

17 hours ago, swt61 said:

So I didn't tell this story, because it had me so upset. But now I need to vent and this seems like the thread to do that.

For a few months now I've been feeding a Mother kitty, her four babies and the Father too. I have been making it a point to handle all of them and get them socialized. So about a week ago I called the new no kill shelter in my area, told her I had 4 weaned kittens and their Mom that need to find good homes. She came out that afternoon. I picked up three of the kittens and put them in her cage. She walked over to her truck, with the cage and started fiddling with something. I then noticed her giving them shots, and assumed it was vaccinations. Then I noticed that the kittens were not moving. I asked her what the shots were, and she told me she euthanized them. I started screaming at her, asking her what the fuck she did that for? She went ballistic on me and threatened to have me arrested. Then she told me to give her the Mother and the remaining kitten, to which I promptly told her to fuck off and get the fuck off of my driveway. She called the cops. The cops arrived and talked to her first, I could not hear them. Then they came and talked to me. I explained the situation, and explained that when I called I made clear that the kittens were social, weaned and needed to be placed in homes. The cops told me that I should not be feeding stray cats, and that I needed to give her the remaining cats. By this time I had put them in my motor home. I told them that there was no law against feeding stray cats, and if there was then they would need to arrest me, because I was not going to give that woman the other cats. They got a bit pushy with me, but I held my ground. My neighbor manages the park, and heard the loud voices. She backed me up and asked them to leave until they had a warrant for the cats. 

Here's the thing...This is supposed to be a NO KILL shelter, and they get their funding advertising as such. So I have been putting up flyers around town, telling people what occurred, and I think the shit may have hit the fan, because she was at my RV when I arrived home from work, screaming at me for telling people she killed the kittens. I got the manager, and she made her leave the park.

This bitch has no clue who she fucked with! I will keep up my campaign until she's fired. I plan on protesting at the shelter on Saturday. I am also very disappointed in the local police.  

Sorry to rant, but I am so pissed off right now

Hey, just reading this...

I just don't understand how people can be so shitty.  It hurt to read it but it makes me happy that I adopted my two awesome cats Otis and Klaus.  Otis was found with his brothers and sisters at a recycling plant and was saved by construction workers.  We drove two hours to CT to get him and he simply is one of the best cats I have ever had.  Klaus was abandoned and found on the outskirts of a cat colony in between two office buildings in CT.  The colony would not let him in and when the lady feeding the colony put a carrier down on the ground he ran right in.  He was in the same vets office as Otis and greeted us at the door.  Needless to say he came home with us too.

IMG_0579.JPG

IMG_0573.JPG

• Like 9

Steve - that is seriously fucked-up. That woman deserved everything you said to her and the fact that she tried to turn it around on you by getting police involved shows how mindless she is. I hope the "shelter" and her both get what's coming from the TICE.

• Like 6