Animal lovers

Aimless1

5 minutes ago, swt61 said:

Found a home for the one remaining kitten, who BTW is a tuxedo, but just barely. A small White triangle below the chin. 

Now just need to find a home for the very sweet Mom.

Good to know... And good luck with Mom. Do you know the people who adopted the kitten? Or will you make them sign any legal document?

Found Mamma a new home today. Was talking to the neighbor of my current client, and she lost her cat to old age a few months back. She was very interested and once I showed her Mamma's pics the deal was sealed.

Pops however remains a bit too untamed. I will continue to feed him in hopes that he eventually trusts me enough to let me pet him. He's been a street cat for a while now is my guess. 

• Like 11

12 hours ago, swt61 said:

Found Mamma a new home today. Was talking to the neighbor of my current client, and she lost her cat to old age a few months back. She was very interested and once I showed her Mamma's pics the deal was sealed.

Pops however remains a bit too untamed. I will continue to feed him in hopes that he eventually trusts me enough to let me pet him. He's been a street cat for a while now is my guess. 

Thank you for doing all those things. Really...

For the father, all of my cats that i took care was street cats. And the cats I'm taking care, as you can guess, are street cats. Patience solves all problems. Some cats started to trust me immediately, some took their time. Yesterday I counted the cats at 4:00 pm meal, I counted 35 cats. And only 2-3 of them show antisocial behavior against other cats. Most probably you already know what I'm telling but I just wanted to remind, I guess.

Sitting beside him while he eats can hasten the progress. If you have some free time ofc.

I'm talking like I'm the expert of taking care street animals but please don't take me as smartass. I just want to help as much as I can.

Thanks again.

Edited by Sechtdamon
  • Like 3

Just catching up after a few days away, and am just reeling. Go for her jugular Steve - bring her as low as low can go.

PS we get our cats from https://www.bluecross.org.uk/oxfordshire-burford-rehoming-centre , and fortunately these are the good guys. They give you a verbal third degree to make sure that you are the kind of person who can be trusted with a cat or dog from them.

Edited by Craig Sawyers
  • Like 3

We lost 4th cat today in one week. I burried them all and they are all shreded by dogs as it seems, dead cats were in gardens of blocks. So WTF is wrong with dogs?

I called the municipal authorities today, and they said that they cannot do anything. Any advice guys?

Edited by Sechtdamon

It's nature, it's going to happen. You're doing so much, don't beat yourself up.

BTW I'll be back protesting tomorrow. Last weekend 8 others showed up to protest. The lady called the cops, but the cops told her we we're not breaking any laws. The cop did ask me "What's the point?" WTF?

I just replied "Life is the point".

• Like 7

1 minute ago, swt61 said:

It's nature, it's going to happen. You're doing so much, don't beat yourself up.

BTW I'll be back protesting tomorrow. Last weekend 8 others showed up to protest. The lady called the cops, but the cops told her we we're not breaking any laws. The cop did ask me "What's the point?" WTF?

I just replied "Life is the point".

I wanted to ask you about the progress but forgot to ask. You are so kind as you still call the bitch "lady". I wish she meet the reaper by claws of (big) cats.

Yeah, I know it is nature but, why an animal kills another that they won't eat?

One of our cats used to be the scourge of local rodents. Her specialty was rats. These were big buggers and clearly faught back from the state of the cat afterwards. But she always ate a large chunk of them after the kill. Then we had to worm her each time. She's 14 now, and has a bit of arthritis in her legs, and had had to hang up her rat catcher credentials.

• Like 3

Euthanasia Yolanda is history!!!

Showed up to protest today. Was a little bummed that only two others were there, but it ended up not mattering. A Mr. Hooker (yeah I know) came out to ask if we could talk. After listening to my story, he asked if I would be willing to give a written statement. I said yes. As I was finishing my statement he came in to confirm that "she" was no longer employed there, and that her actions were in no way in compliance with policy.

It feels good to stand up and be counted!

• Like 18