Collins radio potentiometer

mtoc

I got one of those helipots. 20K resistance. It was a real pain in the ass to get one with all 4 gangs the same value though. Actually mine is 5 gangs but the first four are 20K. And I couldn't find a single modern "servo style mount" for it. Though I might just be searching wrong. I know I had a devil of a time finding good toroidal transformer mounting kits, but once I found a part number, it turned out Mouser carried them all along.

EDIT: Wink, you know the resistance in the 4 gang one you listed? I never bought that one because it's not in the description and I wasn't able to backtrack the part code earlier this year. I just never wanted to gamble on it, if it was 1K or 200K or something.

Edited by Tinkerer

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 6:36 PM, kevin gilmore said:

you just don't get it.

you are 50 years too late, and i'm not selling mine. besides which they are absolutely huge.

easy easy, i know it's priceless, may us at least have a look at it? just a few photos. really curious about this thingy. thanks.