Hifiman Edition 6 Headphones

mtoc

They want to make you very aware that there was no r&d involved whatsoever so they can't be any less reliable than He1000

These new offerings are perfect for lastinaudio. Moar money always means Moar quality in audio, all he has to do is hear them once with his golden ears and spam the hifiman ad copy verbatim everywhere, then pony up $80k.

From our current understanding of the technology, HE400 is overall lacking details, HE6 is too bright in the high. Those problem can be clearly attributed to driver and diaphragm design.

We have to stop them, because some people like them doesn't means they are perfect and cannot be improved. I know if I do care about money, I should keep them available. But I do care more on improving planar technology. 

There you have it. It's all about improving the technology.

Edited by Spychedelic Whale

I know Fang pretty well, and I like him a lot.  He lives and works in China, and is more geared to the Chinese market, where I think a more abrasive personality serves his interests well.  That said, he's not going to move as many TOTL headphones as he could with better PR.  He has plenty of people he pays for this -- he would do well to make use of them.

He also needs to keep race out of it. Chinese people are perfectly capable of making products that aren't horrible unreliable pieces of crap, and people of other races are perfectly capable of making aforementioned garbage. Audeze headphones are poorly built and need driver replacements at least once a year and the lcd3 and lcd4 are pretty much identical to the lcd2. There's ray samuels, Lampizator, jps Labs, cavalli, and a whole slew of other crooks taking advantage of people who don't know what they're buying. In fact it's hard to think of audiophile companies that aren't scams. Hifiman just seems to be the most egregious one at this point in time.

I'm sure Tyler knows already but da bian means shit. I hope to never know Fang well.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, NoFeedback said:

He needs to be more polite, specially on this type of situations.

You mean, like Grado is, when people complain about the comfort of his headphones?  Yeah, I don't think he needs to do anything.

47 minutes ago, NoFeedback said:

I don't understand how a person like him, while clever enough to have a PHD in nanotechnology, can be such a disaster with his customers and his products.

I do.  I hate people.  I would definitely hire PR people and then stay the fuck out of it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mypasswordis said:

I'm sure Tyler knows already but da bian means shit. I hope to never know Fang well.

My Chinese likely pales in comparison to yours, but it's useful to remember how to swear :)

Fang took me out painting, crashed my car, helped me cook a fish, and was a real gentleman with my pregnant wife.  I have a different view of the guy personally and professionally.

• Like 4

I don't care about the pricing on the most part but I hate a headphone being released only to have a revision released few months later depreciating the value of the first iteration immediately.

Audeze is too blame for starting the whole revisional updates to headphones models.

Edited by DefQon
  • Like 1

Indeed, this whole "we only care about the performance...honest" BS...nobody buys that.  Fang is a bit like the car company's here, talking about all the issues with the previous model just because they have a new one out.  "Sure...this was perfect last week but now it is shit!!"

Edit:  Just browsed through the thread... and fuck Fang is nuts!!  People don't lavish his newest piece of shit with praise so he is to be executed?  Ehhh ok...  what!!??!!?? :huh:

Edited by spritzer
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, TMoney said:

Agreed. Might be in the minority here, but I've never heard a Grado headphone I've liked and I've heard damn near all of them.

Different strokes, I guess.

not even the hp1000? its my favorite for rock, all the others can't stand the brightness. Still he has a point, even though i like the retro style one also here  could say it makes no sense that build quality for the price. 

Edited by Spychedelic Whale
  • Like 1