Atlanta Headphone Meet - Sunday, May 7, 2017

TomB

7 hours ago, Dreadhead said:

That's a strange name for a titty bar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Well, we did eat at a nice Brazilian steak house in Buckhead area.  I can't confirm nor deny of what Justin and Brent attended afterward.  Though I did made a few suggestions.

• Like 2

On 4/16/2017 at 1:29 PM, Dreadhead said:

That's a strange name for a titty bar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Well when he came to visit Cali most of his "restaurants" were name Boobs and Tubes or some such.

• 2 weeks later...

I need a quick opinion. The Dunwoody North Driving Club (DNDC) has a number of round tables capable of seating 8-10 people in a banquet type situation. I had planned on renting a number of 6 foot by 30 inch rectangular tables for this event. However, some of us are thinking that the round tables would work. Does anyone have any experience in using these tables for a headphone meet? Do you have an opinion about using them? They are large and as many as two to three exhibitors might share one to show off their system. And, we have enough that we think the 5 or so vendors will be able to have one maybe two tables if necessary. Let me know your thoughts on this ASAP. If we can use the round tables, it will save us some money and aggravation!

John

I originally felt the same way. Then I realized that in most of the smaller meets I have been to, the exhibitors and listeners tended to gravitate to the same side of the table when listening. I had someone on another headphone forum tell me he had been in meets with round tables that worked well. People flowed around the edge of the tables. It looks as though we will have to rent a number of 6x30s anyway, so there will probably be both. In your case, I'm sure we'll be able to provide a couple of 6x30s or the equivalent.

I have just updated this event information on our website. I have provided a list of the attendees as I understand it today. I recommend you click on the link provided and review the information. If it is not correct I will fix it. If I don't hear from you I'll assume it IS correct. Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday!!
https://a-vcoa.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=87&club_id=290418&item_id=625137

John

John Morrison, President, Founding Member
Audio-Video Club of Atlanta 
Direct: 770-330-3919
Fax: 1-866-891-3690

mailto:[email protected]
http://www.a-vcoa.org

2 hours ago, cetoole said:

Any suggestions for accommodations for the (sadly underrepresented) travel team?

When are you arriving, leaving? Do you plan on a rental car? Do you have friends here that can put you up. Would you like to have a club member help with local transportation or lodging. Email me directly. jhm3 at bellsouth dot net

John