Atlanta Headphone Meet - Sunday, May 7, 2017

TomB

On 5/6/2017 at 10:04 AM, jhm3 said:

Lee Scoggins is bringing Audeze Sine Deluxe.

There was a cosmetic problem with the initial run and Audeze didn't want them shown when less than perfect. Proud parents! Heard they sound spectacular though!

15 hours ago, purk said:

Had a great time!  Nice to finally meet Collin.  Justin and Brent were awesome as always.  Doug's T5 was excellent and on the same level as my L3.  I had no time to listen to Mr. Speaker Ether Stats.  We went to Brazilian steakhouse yet again.  Matt  missed out on a great meal unfortunately.

Great pictures and lots of fun at the meet. For many attendees it was their first meet and they were blown away at the equipment that was shown! At the same time it was great to renew old acquaintances and make new ones!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johnwmclean said:

Did anyone stop flapping their lips to get some head time with the Ether stats?

Sadly I didn't.  I was going to listen at the end of the meet but didn't realize that Matt was heading out early...so yup....I supplied the amp and didnt get any head time.  Many people did listen however so maybe they will post some impressions.  Matt also was ABing the Ether Stats against the SR009 at Justin's table toward the end of the meet.  Maybe he could share his thought.  My sr009 headband slider thing broke at the beginning of the meet so only the SR007 and Ether Stats were available at my station.

1 hour ago, purk said:

Sadly I didn't.  I was going to listen at the end of the meet but didn't realize that Matt was heading out early...so yup....I supplied the amp and didnt get any head time.  Many people did listen however so maybe they will post some impressions.  Matt also was ABing the Ether Stats against the SR009 at Justin's table toward the end of the meet.  Maybe he could share his thought.  My sr009 headband slider thing broke at the beginning of the meet so only the SR007 and Ether Stats were available at my station.

I finally got to listen to them toward the end of the meet. I listened using a needle drop that I recorded of a well known London FFRR recording and they were remarkably true to the original recording. The musical balance and quality of sound was very close to what I experience on my home system. Of course, being headphones they can't convey the soundstage width and depth of the home system but I was really impressed with their open and detailed sound. One of the best sounds I heard at the meet.