Nintendo Switch

Edwood

Yes, I'm a sucker for Zelda and Nintendo Portables.   I pre-ordered the Switch and Breath of the Wild. 

Anyone else getting the Switch? 

I still have my original Game Boy from 1989.  Also many other iterations afterwards.   I'll have to post a Nintendo Portables line up picture when I get the Switch. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Edwood said:

Really been enjoying Zelda Breath of the Wild on my Switch.   I'm really liking using the Joy-cons separately in each hand. 

I don't see myself ever buying a Switch, but sure as heck would love to borrow one someday to play that game.

It has received just about the highest meta-critic score I've seen for anything, ever.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EdipisReks1 said:

Just buy a cheap Wii U.  The experience is apparently about the same.

Even better idea, full marks to Jacob.  Now I just have to keep my mouth shut about it until I'm sure that my wife hasn't bought me one as a gift already.

Edited by Sherwood
  • Like 1

I like being able to play on the go and prefer Nintendo Portables (I still have my original Game Boy and pretty much every Nintendo Portable) .   I never got the Wii or Wii U before. 

Being able to play Zelda BOTW pretty much anywhere is great.   Although the Switch's battery life is quite shitty. 

I do carry a battery charging pack with me as well though. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I ordered the Gamestop in-store $455 bundle. It came with Zelda BOTW, the strategy guide, the expansion pass, snipper clips, and one other physical game.  I'll return the strategy guide and the other physical game when it comes to drop it down to $390

I'm starting to think the March 22nd re-stock statement was a ploy to get you in so the could pitch the bundle.  No stores by me got a single switch today in Central NJ.  Albeit I only called three.

• Like 1