Blue Hawaii BJT Build thread

joehpj

Of course offset servo is not needed with the Blue Hawaii. Blue Hawaii has been around for a long time. Manufactured and sold by HeadAmp Audio Electronics to many satisfied customers. Been given highest possible remarks by professional tester.

As DIYer I do feel entitled to do any modifications to any amplifier I like. Doing so with a Blue Hawaii feels like a privilege. I’m very grateful for the Blue Hawaii and can’t thank you the designer enough.

• 2 months later...

I finally built my Blue Hawaii - a single box KG 2015 which uses the mosfets, (but I will build the BJT boards too).  All GR supplies.  I was inspired by a Triumph Rocket motorcycle for the chrome trim and I wanted volume indication in the dark so it has a circle of leds and a delayed pointer off the heater warm up.

While I was working all this out Kevin published the Grounded Grid so I am building one of those in a similar case.

Looking forward to some extended listening now.  Thanks Kevin for a great design

P1030838.JPG

P1030815.JPG

P1030826.JPG

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Very nice. I had a similar thought to the circle of LEDs for the case I’m laying out for the DynaFet. Nice on the pointer LED (as well as the rest of it)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My actual thought on this was to try to make the LEDs track the volume knob, much like a Pass Aleph P. The problem is I am using a TKD pot and not a relay based volume control in this, so barring an extra pot deck I can’t think of any way to do this. Maybe I’m missing something?

And the green pointer on yours isn’t an LED?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk