RIP Toshiba 1875 - 2017 ?

johnwmclean

The potentially good news is that the electronics division/brand/stuff will no doubt be spun off in a reorganization (if they can get away with it) or more likely sold to another large tech company prior to dragging those assets into an all out bankruptcy. More cash flow for their shareholders that way, as opposed to a slow, piecemeal and court controlled asset sell off. So hopefully that will mean better products and lower prices to the end consumer of whatever company can pick up their assets and technology on the cheap.

• Like 1

Reading through some of Richard Rhodes' (phenomenal) books on the development of the Atomic Bomb and Hydrogen Bomb taught me that Nuclear Power and Nuclear Power Plants are tremendously complicated issues that are woefully misunderstood by the general public.

I can understand the fervor of the anti-nuclear movement as well as fervor of the pro nuclear side.

The Fukushima disaster, unlikely as it was, seems to have ended the prospects of new nuclear power plant construction in the 1st world. Sucks for Toshiba, but that is the way the cookie crumbles.

--

Good thing we have Rick Perry in charge of the Department of Energy. A man who didn't even know what the DoE did.

16 minutes ago, TMoney said:

...Nuclear Power and Nuclear Power Plants are tremendously complicated issues that are woefully misunderstood by the general public...

Yep. Same goes with world politics, war, etc. But I'm fortunate, because according to my Facebook feed all my friends are experts in everything. Not only that, but they are passionate about their points of view which is displayed by shaming the L or R on the other side who's apparently an idiot. 

Edited by robm321