Iphone help needed

1 hour ago, grawk said:

I solved the aging eye problem with glasses.  Coincidentally, I also solved the headache problem with glasses.

I'm starting to be beyond the glasses breaking point, although not fully there yet, I still do well on the 5's screen. If I used Whatsapp and other writing apps more than I do, I'd be happier on a larger screen, that's sure. Those tiny buttons :palm:

I've had to buy a new phone. I got the SE :palm: The guy at the repair facility, not directly an Apple Store but an authorised service, said that I'd need to put back in the original Apple battery, otherwise they cannot even look inside it :kitty: He said that it smells like they won't be able to repair it, so they'd charge the full fee (311 euros) to get a new 5 in exchange of the old one. Wife says it doesn't sound that bad and that she could give some use to that iphone. This is world first, she hates cell phones, she doesn't use hers for other than emergencies and most of the times she has it off and out of charge.

I'm going to try the chinese "indy" guys, I haven't visited them yet. We'll see, this could be the confirmation of Apple sabotaging the iPhone for you replacing the battery yourself.

5 hours ago, Torpedo said:

this could be the confirmation of Apple sabotaging the iPhone for you replacing the battery yourself.

Apple 100% does not do that.  I've replaced a lot of batteries in iPhones for people. I'd say that the guy you talked to is just full of shit, or didn't want to deal with it.  Happens all the time.  What I really think happened is that something on the board was shorted during the battery replacement. 

Edited by EdipisReks1

8 hours ago, EdipisReks1 said:

Apple 100% does not do that.  I've replaced a lot of batteries in iPhones for people. I'd say that the guy you talked to is just full of shit, or didn't want to deal with it.  Happens all the time.  What I really think happened is that something on the board was shorted during the battery replacement. 

I can't speak for the guy, nor for Apple's policies, but I'm let's say 99% sure that nothing shorted during the battery replacement. I did a pretty surgical work. I didn't use any metal tool to pull off the battery contact board or the battery itself, and the screwdrivers are magnetic, so the screws would stay attached to them and wouldn't fall accidentally on the board. Still something unnoticed could have happened. For what I found searching is that there's a batch of early iPhone 5's having some difference in a chip that would stop working when the unit is opened, and the symptoms are like that, the home and sleep buttons would stop working.

Anyway, the SE is a nice device, same size yet faster and with a lot more of room to store music and pics. Today it's going to be the first day using it as the commute music source.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Needed some recs, so figured I'd just tack onto this thread since Antonio seems to be done with it :)

I want to upgrade my iPhone 4S, 16G. I'm thinking about a 6S 128G, or possibly a 7 128/256G. Requirements:

1. I use my wired Apple ear buds (the dual ones) for both listening (music) and for phone/conference calls, so mic support is a must
  2. I'm not too keen on the idea of forking out for the bluetooth ear buds

My 4S is packed to the gills and I keep having to delete music, even after using the old "download Lord of the Rings Two Towers from iTunes store" trick. I can get maybe 5-600M open, but that is it.

Convince me that a 7 can support what I need and is an upgrade over the 6S...

• Like 1

Couldn't wait, and after waffling between the 6S and the 7, went with a 7 128G. Just getting stuff transferred over, think I am done. We'll see :)

Thing is a shit ton faster than my old 4S...

Edited by Pars
  • Like 3