...as if we didn't know Head-fi was the home of the shills...

spritzer

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, spritzer said:

Just read through some of that...fuck some people over there would be in so much trouble over this. 

That's what most social media exists for nowadays - paid advertising masquerading as the real deal - "these are not actors, but real people like you".

Not sure if I should feel flattered or not care at all. Publicity really can be a good thing, even if it is a bunch of audio hobbyist patting each other on the back as they write insults to a guy having fun and writing reviews as a hobby. The things said in this thread would mean a lot more if actually mentioned to me in person. Be sure I'd welcome any conversation at any meet. Passionate topics usually do better without a computer screen to hide behind. Either way, I appreciate the concern and deep down maybe you guys just care about the hobby (for some of you profession) of audio which is respectable.

Yea Birgir got me real good with that response! I'm glad he held back because I don't know what I'd do if the email was even crazier. Wow!! Actually I'd probably just go on about my business and keep having fun in this little side hobby, because I don't take him or any of this that seriously. I just like to have fun listening to music and buying new gear.. even if sometimes I do receive a discount. Except I don't get paid on top of all that like Tyll and many dozens of others. I just don't see the absolute shame and crime that you guys see I guess. Maybe my judgement in the review world is just hazy because it's all new to me and again. I do it for fun. Either way, I go to all of Nashville meets and if you guys want to talk about any disrespect or discounts or anything at all.. please take the less childish route and do it in person like many of you pretend to advocate for in your posts.

At the end of the day I appreciate the extra publicity for better or for worse. To me it's all a game really.. I have a very busy career and try to focus on it before any of this headphone fun.

Have a great day and I will quote my reply to Birgir like I told him to do. Of course he didn't so that he could show off how he "got me good". Again.. as a grown man trying to have some fun in a small hobby and help out a boutique at the same time.. this all seems a little silly to me. It's almost not worth defending myself because I really don't care.. but figured I'd at least show up to say I'm a fan of the thread. Here's my reply which was not replied to by Birgir. I'm sure he rushed here asap to try to win internet points by using big words to insult a stranger. A little disappointing and questionable character. Oh well, he got his high fives. Boy he got me good!

"What? Lol

I didn't say that I'd make it a positive review .. I'd be completely honest and have been in the past many times. Shilling would be me guaranteeing you I'd make it a positive review no matter what.

Taking hours of my time for an honest review of your product in exchange of a discount is probably one of the most common and respectable forms of getting your name out there that I could imagine .. it's a win win as you sell a product, I get a new amp and I give you publicity (and positive publicity if I like the amplifier). I don't understand why you as a product maker just used so much profanity and got upset .. seems insanely unprofessional and I am so confused right now to be honest. Please post my original email, your reply and then my follow-up reply to anywhere you want. If you want me to do the same I would be more than happy to post our whole conversation everywhere I can on the internet.

Thanks"

3 minutes ago, dillan said:

Not sure if I should feel flattered or not care at all. Publicity really can be a good thing, even if it is a bunch of audio hobbyist patting each other on the back as they write insults to a guy having fun and writing reviews as a hobby. The things said in this thread would mean a lot more if actually mentioned to me in person. Be sure I'd welcome any conversation at any meet. Passionate topics usually do better without a computer screen to hide behind. Either way, I appreciate the concern and deep down maybe you guys just care about the hobby (for some of you profession) of audio which is respectable.

Yea Birgir got me real good with that response! I'm glad he held back because I don't know what I'd do if the email was even crazier. Wow!! Actually I'd probably just go on about my business and keep having fun in this little side hobby, because I don't take him or any of this that seriously. I just like to have fun listening to music and buying new gear.. even if sometimes I do receive a discount. Except I don't get paid on top of all that like Tyll and many dozens of others. I just don't see the absolute shame and crime that you guys see I guess. Maybe my judgement in the review world is just hazy because it's all new to me and again. I do it for fun. Either way, I go to all of Nashville meets and if you guys want to talk about any disrespect or discounts or anything at all.. please take the less childish route and do it in person like many of you pretend to advocate for in your posts.

At the end of the day I appreciate the extra publicity for better or for worse. To me it's all a game really.. I have a very busy career and try to focus on it before any of this headphone fun.

Have a great day and I will quote my reply to Birgir like I told him to do. Of course he didn't so that he could show off how he "got me good". Again.. as a grown man trying to have some fun in a small hobby and help out a boutique at the same time.. this all seems a little silly to me. It's almost not worth defending myself because I really don't care.. but figured I'd at least show up to say I'm a fan of the thread. Here's my reply which was not replied to by Birgir. I'm sure he rushed here asap to try to win internet points by using big words to insult a stranger. A little disappointing and questionable character. Oh well, he got his high fives. Boy he got me good!

"What? Lol

I didn't say that I'd make it a positive review .. I'd be completely honest and have been in the past many times. Shilling would be me guaranteeing you I'd make it a positive review no matter what.

Taking hours of my time for an honest review of your product in exchange of a discount is probably one of the most common and respectable forms of getting your name out there that I could imagine .. it's a win win as you sell a product, I get a new amp and I give you publicity (and positive publicity if I like the amplifier). I don't understand why you as a product maker just used so much profanity and got upset .. seems insanely unprofessional and I am so confused right now to be honest. Please post my original email, your reply and then my follow-up reply to anywhere you want. If you want me to do the same I would be more than happy to post our whole conversation everywhere I can on the internet.

Thanks"

Image result for this is gonna be good meme

Oh...and

Image result for you're a shill

Sorry to burst your bubble audiojunkie but "this won't be good". I'm not a big fan of internet drama. Not a fan of drama in the real world actually.. that's especially true for this silly situation. I'm afraid to unfortunately tell you that I said my peace and am done posting here now. I'll let you guys do your circle thing where you high five and say things behind a keyboard that you wouldn't say in real life. I wish I could provide some more content for your entertainment but it would be at the cost of my time which I think is at least more valuable than an e-argument on a small forum in a small hobby that I sometimes partake in for fun. Just remember that you guys are posting and thinking about me in a negative light (unfairly) and in return I don't think about any of you guys at all.

Sorry for any typos, I'm using my phone! Later guys, try to stay classy.

Beside the rudeness, let's say you don't know how things work down there and you don't know where the mafia stands in this hobby. Maybe come back whenever you're ready to build some extreme designs with lots of Vpp / mA, for the single glory of e-stat cans, the true and only technology which is worthy B)

Or going your own path and never come back.

Your choice :ph34r:

Ali

8 hours ago, spritzer said:

Ohh boy, look at this, our new favorite shill is at it yet again:

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/angstrom-stella-headphone-amplifier.846641/

Hmmm should we just report him and get it over with or spam the thread with links to this one?  ;) 

I wonder if this is the same design as Nik's custom amp from 2003. I think it was bought by Wayne

well obviously they know how to make pretty front and back panels. making circuit boards would have been easy. I would never touch that piece of shit.

Nik's was much more poorly built.

And I would be more than happy to say to your face directly anything I would say here. And so would birgir. after he squashed you into the ground.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dillan said:

Sorry to burst your bubble audiojunkie but "this won't be good". I'm not a big fan of internet drama. Not a fan of drama in the real world actually.. that's especially true for this silly situation. I'm afraid to unfortunately tell you that I said my peace and am done posting here now. I'll let you guys do your circle thing where you high five and say things behind a keyboard that you wouldn't say in real life. I wish I could provide some more content for your entertainment but it would be at the cost of my time which I think is at least more valuable than an e-argument on a small forum in a small hobby that I sometimes partake in for fun. Just remember that you guys are posting and thinking about me in a negative light (unfairly) and in return I don't think about any of you guys at all.

Sorry for any typos, I'm using my phone! Later guys, try to stay classy.

This is really good now....thanks for playing. 

47 minutes ago, kevin gilmore said:

well obviously they know how to make pretty front and back panels. making circuit boards would have been easy. I would never touch that piece of shit.

Nik's was much more poorly built.

And I would be more than happy to say to your face directly anything I would say here. And so would birgir. after he squashed you into the ground.

I'd at least touch it... lol  It's got 20 tubes that's cool.  If it sounded bad for $13K I'd write it off as a home improvement.  20 tubes should count as adding a second heating zone lol...

I think that spritzer should expose this asshat over there, and he should be perma banned here. We have proof of his unsavory behavior, so why are we waiting to do what should be done?

May the hammer of Birgir strike with great vengeance!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, swt61 said:

I think that spritzer should expose this asshat over there, and he should be perma banned here. We have proof of his unsavory behavior, so why are we waiting to do what should be done?

May the hammer of Birgir strike with great vengeance!

That actually was done a little earlier today, but in usual Head-Fi manner, they covered it all up by deleting the posts and likely warning those that accused this unscrupulous twit of being paid to shill. Quite frankly, if Head-Fi actually took serious steps in that regard, they'd have to shut the site down.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, GeorgeP said:

That actually was done a little earlier today, but in usual Head-Fi manner, they covered it all up by deleting the posts and likely warning those that accused this unscrupulous twit of being paid to shill. Quite frankly, if Head-Fi actually took serious steps in that regard, they'd have to shut the site down.

That's fine. Birgir did what was right for others on that site, and if they want to be dick heads by covering up bad activities so be it. I really have very little interest in that site, and what goes on, but one should at least attempt the right thing, so kudos to Biggie for that!

Now, why is this shithead still here? 

On 4/23/2017 at 2:23 PM, Dusty Chalk said:

So that is where I got that from.  I use, "I'm very happy for you" in lieu of...whatever it was she was obviously thinking of saying.

Then he quickly tries again, and she reluctantly hears him out. "I want to be on you."