Grad student survey about cans for class - will share results with community!

ScotchWatch

Hey all. I'm a grad student at UCLA trying to gather anonymous data from the group of people who really know what they're talking about (you all) when it comes to headphones for a class project. In return I'll be able to share with the Head Case community some really interesting insights about everything from features to preferred brands. If you can take 5 minutes to help me out, I'll be eternally grateful and I'll send out the results when it's all done - check out the questions here:  http://ucla.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0k3nRTJjJtflEiN

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

UCLA Qualtrics is part of the UCLA Anderson School of Management, so even though it is not on the same level as USC's business school :D it is legit...for a bruin anyway.

Carry on.

Edited by Augsburger

Do you watch the scotch, or do you consume it,  - or both.   :P

What, in your consummate opinion are your favourite brands in the following categories:-

A. No price limit

B. Best value for money

C. Cheapest that you would be prepared to drink yourself

D. Only fit for cleaning latrines and sterilising wounds in a pinch

E. Not fit for human consumption

F. Not fit for consumption by any living entity

G. Suitable as a substitute for Isopropyl Alcohol

H.Suitable substitute for Methylated Spirits

I. Suitable for Icelanders who consume rotted shark

J. Viable alternative for Top Alcohol dragsters

K. Viable alternative for jet fuel

L. Only good for starting fires

M. Only good for Molotov cocktails

N. It's alcohol, Jim, but not as we know it..........

Edited by wink
Clarification
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, ScotchWatch said:

Hey all. I'm a grad student at UCLA

My earlier response was influenced by my son's successful tournament results yesterday so after further (sober) consideration I must say I am quite surprised by your flippant and unprofessional request.  If you are in fact a Marshall Business School student, I cannot believe they have not taught you basic business etiquette as yet.  If you ever have the opportunity in the future to make a request or presentation to your board of directors or a prospect client and you proceed in that manner you will most likely be tossed out on your ear.  Or is your current protocol to use snapchat and texting in business communications? Really?  

• Like 2

On 14/05/2017 at 6:01 AM, ScotchWatch said:

(snip). If you can take 5 minutes to help me out, I'll be eternally grateful (snip)

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

It will be my inestimable pleasure to help you out.......    Which way did you come in....?    :P

• Like 3

It seems like I've offended a couple of you all. Please know that was not my intention and I apologize that my initial post didn't follow Head Case etiquette. I feel badly that I started off that way. I'm of course happy to address the questions you all have raised, but of course if you're still uncomfortable with this request for any reason I'll try and figure out another way to gather the data I'm looking for.

-Why's the link a .com instead of an .edu? The business school students at UCLA Anderson School of Management have accounts with a survey/data analytics company called Qualtrics, you can read about them here if you'd like: https://www.qualtrics.com/about/

-Who are you actually doing product research for? I'm in a class called Sales & Channel Management. The assignment was to pick an industry you're interested and analyze consumer buying behavior. I love hi-fi audio, but am really just beginning my learning (if that wasn't already very obvious... ha), so I'm hoping to understand what factors people who know what they're talking about use to evaluate headphones for the paper and for my own benefit.

-@Wink, your Scotch questions: A: Macallan 18, B: Oban 10, C: Bank Note 5, D-N: Johnnie Walker Red

-@Ausberger, your concerns about professionalism: Again, my apologies. Since this survey is for my own academic purposes and not for a client/Board, etc. I figured it was alright to make the request in a more informal manner.

• Like 2

Well, you passed with the D-N questions.

This is not your regular forum such as Head-Fi or Super Audio Best Friends, so you need to tread rather carefully, and read your Welcome pm.....   :P