Portable Induction Cooktop

shellylh

Looking to get a single portable induction cooktop since I am tired of cooking on the crappy electric stove in my apartment.   I have several cast iron pans that I use so there should be no problem switch. 

Anyone have any suggestions?  Do a quick look, there seems to be the HC version (at $1,800) but maybe I don't need quite that much precision.  It is very tempting though!

https://www.brevilleusa.com/collections/commercial/products/the-control-freak?variant=34041893841

There is also one for $60 that they recommend here: 

http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-portable-induction-cooktop/

Before I got the Wolf oven/cooktop, I used a single burner cheap thing.  Worked great.

make sure you try a magnet on the pans you plan on using, some kinds of stainless pans are non magnetic and will not work.

also they use 80% of the power of a typical kitchen circuit, so you can't use most other things at the same time

• Like 1

We have had similar interests since we travel so much for fencing tournaments and Lance is highly allergic to a lot of foods so cooking for him is the only option. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FLR0ET8/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_36?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2EPN08Z0FPLG4

Note, I believe all pans used with induction cook tops must be magnetic- "Induction cookware must be made of a magnetic-based material, such as cast iron or magnetic stainless steel. Fully clad cookware brands, such as All-Clad Stainless, Viking Cookware, and Mauviel M'cooks stainless work on induction cooktopsbecause they're magnetic."

Cast iron pans should work but it wouldn't hurt to check.

Before I got the Wolf oven/cooktop, I used a single burner cheap thing.  Worked great.
make sure you try a magnet on the pans you plan on using, some kinds of stainless pans are non magnetic and will not work.
also they use 80% of the power of a typical kitchen circuit, so you can't use most other things at the same time

Is the Wolf an integrated cooktop and oven? Looking for something like this as I can't really do the counter work to move to "separates".

looks fine to me, the oven door is no more than 2 inches in front of the cabinet faces. The previous oven which was a built in was probably 1 inch in front of the cabinet face

all the heat goes up the back splash and under the feet of the oven out the front.  favorite place of the dogs when the oven is on.