Portable amp/DAC recommendation

Pars

My brother is looking for an inexpensive amp/DAC combo for use with his laptop (PC), and probably a set of Fostexes. He mentioned the FIIO E18, but is open to suggestions. He says he can get that for ~$60 on Amazon, and also mentioned a Topping NX2, which is even cheaper.

I know, I know, non-HC approved, but it is what it is.

He also mentioned that he mentioned that he doesn't have space for his headphone amp anymore, so is looking to sell it. It is an original Torpedo (I built it for him), IIRC from the prototypes build. PM me if there is any interest for this. He says he hasn't even used it while in South America, but I know he used it when he was still here in the US.

The Schiit Fulla 2 works okay. Build quality is meh, but the knob is one of the better ones in that price range. There's also the Audioquest Dragonfly. The original one had a horrible noise floor, but apparently newer versions work better. It's hard to beat its size and convenience. 

I told him about the Schitt, but he said he is going with a FIIO Q1.

I also remembered that I have his Class D Audio SDS-254 with HD PSU, including upgraded Panasonic TSHA caps, in the basement and should sell this for him. This has both SE and bal. inputs, 250W/ch 4 ohm and 125W/ch 8 ohms. It is in a utilitarian Par Metals case, no frills. He had me build this for him after his Counterpoint SA220 blew a channel and I couldn't fix it. He liked it better than the Counterpoint, better than my Odyssey Stratos, and better than a pair of Bel Canto Ref1000s that a friend had loaned him. This was on Apogee speakers, which are pretty demanding. Any interest, pm me. This would be pretty inexpensive. Link: http://www.classdaudio.net/amplifier-kits/sds-amplifier-kits/sds-254-kit.html