USB Type-C DACs?

HiWire

I've been thinking about getting a new MacBook and I realized that Apple has changed all the ports. Everything is Thunderbolt 3/USB 3.1 and the headphone jack lost its optical output with the 2016 models: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7818763?start=0&tstart=0

Have you guys done any research on DACs with Thunderbolt 3/USB 3.1? I think everyone is going to be using USB Type-A to Type-C adapters until manufacturers release new products. Yes, I realize that there isn't an immediate benefit to using Type-C connections for audio. It looks like an opportunity to sell stuff all over again.

Edited by HiWire

1 hour ago, RudeWolf said:

The thing is that most stereo DACs are good bandwidth wise with USB 2.0, so I wouldn't expect much in terms of adopting new standards on the DAC side. Just get the right cable and you should be good.

Exactly, not to mention Type C cables has more components into the flow of music data to identify itself....it affects music in a negative ways.  I don't like the idea of type C.  Just use adaptor for a more affordable ways 

Simple is best. I've got old gear anyway, so I won't put myself up as a guinea pig if it's unnecessary. Every new standard has taken a while to implement correctly and consistently, whether it was USB, FireWire, Bluetooth, etc.

Edited by HiWire