Get well Sen.John McCain!

swt61

Just now, swt61 said:

I think I understand what Reks is saying. Hell man, these are scary times!

They've honestly been less scary than I feared, but that has mostly been Trump and gang incompetence. What I'm worried about is McConnell.  A lot of awful things can happen before the mid-term elections, and that is assuming that people actually get out and vote, come November 2018.

• Like 2

I hate that slimy little twat too! I also hate Ryan. I think that without Trump we'd see a very different Pence however. We'd just have to get through a few years of his ultra conservative ideas but Trump scares the shit out of me. Not because of what he wants to do but because of what he has no understanding of what he's doing. He's an ignorant tyrant. And that's frightening as hell!

Trump's spent the past few decades proving to the world he is utterly clueless and incompetent at everything, so yeah, frightening and dangerous. I honestly don't really know enough about Pence to really have a bead on what he'd be like in charge.

On 7/25/2017 at 4:04 PM, swt61 said:

As much as I disagree with many of his ideas, at this time he's one of the only members of the GOP to stand up to Lil' Donnie.

I take it back. :(

The one that has surprised me is Murkowski. There was more than a few upset when she rolled on into Daddy's seat. She wasn't very popular at the time.

It looks like it takes ovaries to stand up to Trump, not balls. 

I'll withhold judgment until a time when I can look into it more closely to have a fully educated opinion, but I don't think that's really relevant to this thread. Political and personal issues with the man are very, very valid, but let's just keep this to wishing him a safe recovery. As many issues as I have with him, I would be saying the same even if it were Trump with a severe medical condition.

I don't wish death upon anyone unless they directly enact physical harm upon me or someone else. I know it's a murky area when it comes to governmental policy, but short of him asking to have people like us lined up and shot, I'm not going to wish death on the man. I wish him a failed career, humiliation, criminal penalties, etc, but not death or physical harm. For that same reason I don't want that on McCain, even if it comes to be I was mistaken about him as a person.

Put it this way...I'd shed nary a tear if he died. I won't be the guy pulling the trigger, or even the guy asking for it to be done but I can find no redeeming qualities in that man. He is breathing valuable oxygen that could be much better used by another. You're not old enough to be as cynical as I.  

Edited by swt61

I'll agree with that. I wouldn't have any tears for Trump if he died or fell ill, but I would not wish him to develop a condition or to worsen if there already was one.

I actually used to be a lot more cynical before I met people like you and Brent, and the me of ten years ago I would probably be calling for Trump to be executed on live TV.

I like to think I have a strong moral code and not many can get my ire up but that SOB brings me to the very edge of my morality. You touched on it in earlier... it's not that he has a strong ideology that I disagree with. Indeed it's the fact that he has no ideology. He will ride whatever bandwagon promises to take him furthest. Psychopaths and Sociopaths do not possess morality.

Edited by swt61

That's fair and I don't fault you for feeling the way you do. I totally understand it. If anything it's a fault in my current moral code, I just don't want to see a person as being completely worthless of safe living unless they begin trying to end others lives. It's not naivete or innocence, it actually takes a lot of effort for me to stick with this, but I feel better at the end of the day like this rather than how I was before.

I'm probably going to feel dumb and smack my head in a minute but I don't get that one.

Edit: Yep, it happened. I get it now... I thought you were making a reference to something and was racking my brain trying to think of what movie or whatever from that time fit.

Edited by Fitz
  • Like 1