Get well Sen.John McCain!

swt61

As all of you have no doubt heard, Sen. John McCain just had surgery where they were able to get most but not all of a Glioblastoma. It's a very invasive form of brain cancer and the Senator may well have another big fight on his hands. While I don't agree with a lot of the Senator's politics, I've always found him to be a stand-up guy in a profession where that's becoming harder to find. He's crossed party lines to work with Dems on several issues, he's a patriot and I don't give a flyin' Fark what Trump said about him, he is a hero of war. I'd like to see Lil' Donnie endure 1% of what McCain fought through.

So I send my deepest wishes for John to win this battle and return to the Senate, where he belongs!

I think this may also help explain some recent incoherent rambles. 

Yep. Even though he is a 'loser' according to a certain POTUS...

Best wishes for him, as I think he is a quality individual regardless of my disagreements with some of his positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

59779fe6ee8da_ScreenShot2017-07-25at12_42_49PM.png.776fbbbed72b36e7bfa6534ecb522208.png

I respect McCain's experiences and his service, but I've always strongly disliked his views, and his voting record shows why.

I hope he recovers soon and lives a long and happy life, but I also hope he retires from government ASAP.

He acts on what he believes in, even though I generally disagree with him. That's why he doesn't care if the POOTUS is in the same party, and that's something I can very much respect. I've usually always referred to stuff like this in that I "like them as a person" with politics, but respect is a better way to describe it. I disagree with McCain, but I respect him. I disagree with Trump, and do not respect him.

Though I do agree with T$ that McCain really needs to retire. Very soon.

• Like 1

How much of his inconsistency is recent years versus overall career? Not doubting, genuinely interested to know if it's more to his deteriorating mental health or has always been something he's done I never noticed.

Maybe McCain, facing his immediate mortality, from a disease that is being treated by healthcare paid for by the government, could have seen that pushing this vote forward would hurt millions of people, including lots of people in similar situations to what he is facing, but instead he did what he always does, which is march in lockstep with the Party.  Party uber alles!  Party uber alles!  He's always been a piece-of-shit hypocrite, and will remain one until he dies.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fitz said:

How much of his inconsistency is recent years versus overall career? Not doubting, genuinely interested to know if it's more to his deteriorating mental health or has always been something he's done I never noticed.

He's always talked up a pretty good game. Here is a fairly decent book about it.  It's not written from my political viewpoint, by any means (though maybe it was, in 2007), but it certainly does a decent job of showing him saying one thing and doing another, over and over, ad nauseam. 

Edited by EdipisReks1

2 minutes ago, mypasswordis said:

That chart says he's at the bottom of the Republicans who vote in line with Trump's position (5th lowest Trump score)?

So a "maverick" is somebody who only agrees 90.7% of the time.  Got it.  The Trump +/- bears out somebody who opens his mouth a lot, but raises his hand the other way, quite often. 

Edited by EdipisReks1

That's really unnecessary and uncalled for man, I gave a line that everyone could just bow out of what started to heat up with. Just simmah down nao, and let's go back to hating Trump and wishing a human being doesn't suffer unnecessary health issues.

5 minutes ago, Fitz said:

I think it's best if we all just cut this current line of discussion off. It's not going to be productive.

I personally stayed out of this thread until I saw what McCain did, if anything.  What we got was same shit, different day. 

1 minute ago, mypasswordis said:

Agreed, I really hate when Jacob butts in and turns into an egotistical moron who puts false shit in peoples' mouths. I didn't say anything about being a maverick. Party lines and partisanship do exist. 

10 minutes ago, mypasswordis said:

That chart says he's at the bottom of the Republicans who vote in line with Trump's position (5th lowest Trump score)?

I guess you were referring to whether or not he agreed with Trump's lunch choices, then, when you pointed out that "he's at the bottom of the Republicans who vote in Line with Trump's position," as there certainly wouldn't be much other point in pointing it out.