The (Round) Football Thread

Hopstretch

Yep Spain lost that game, Russia did not win it. The Denmark/Croatia game was intense. How many times do you see a team lose on PKs when their goalie saves two? That is just insane. I am really looking forward to the Croatia/Russia game, that should be, how do you say, interesting?

• Like 2

The England keeper Pickford did very well in the shootout but also kept them in it in extra time with a truly exceptional save. Kind of got lost because Colombia scored from the resulting corner.

Doesn't look like it from behind but that was going right in the top corner.

Edited by Hopstretch
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Hopstretch said:

The England keeper Pickford did very well in the shootout but also kept them in it in extra time with a truly exceptional save. Kind of got lost because Colombia scored from the resulting corner.

Doesn't look like it from behind but that was going right in the top corner.

Even though I'm not that interested in football (shock, horror), that save was bloody astonishing.

Edited by Craig Sawyers

:kitty: WTF! This World Cup won't cease to surprise. You guys loved Belgium but IMHO it is a bunch of mediocre players with some luck. Weren't for Courtois and that damn clumsiness of Coutinho there'd still be an American team in the Cup this far. Belgium vs France is going to be way more than a football match :laugh:

Edited by Torpedo
  • Like 1

Let’s see Hazard, de Bruyne, Lukaku, Kompany, Courtois, Vertonghen and my favorite Fellaini. That is a pretty fuckin’ good team, and they actually play like a team. They have shown the ability to win in many different scenarios in this tournament. The semifinal vs. France will be the final in my opinion. 

We'll see, Croatia is a very good team that should beat Russia and make the semis too. Whoever wins the Belgium-France would eventually make a wonderful final against Croatia, although you're probably right, the level of intensity and hopefully quality of the France vs Belgium will be hard to beat. I don't specially like Fellaini, but that's me and my personal taste for this game, I can understand people like him.