August 3rd Update

Yes new update and yes Tapatalk is becoming super spammy, I can pay them to get rid of those ads but may just remove support for it.  Not really worth it anymore with the mobile theme(s) being decent enough.

Also switched to a new dark theme option called 'Deflection' it's a little cleaner looking I think.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Because of the ads in other forums I visit, I actually switched to TapatalkPro. I think it was $4. No ads, and of course it is faster. To certain extend it is ransomware, and I am sure, at some point they will find a way to get $ out again....but for now, I can live with that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robm321 said:

Finally uninstalled Tapatalk. Too spammy and the web interface works well. 

It's serving me the absolute shittest ads, too -- Save at Macys! Fix your credit! Get a community college degree! I'm seriously fucking embarrassed that this is what some algorithm thinks of me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At least that means it's not smart enough to know very much about you, which I think is comforting. I get a lot of ads for Asian dating apps, not really sure what that's all about. 

A guy I met during jury duty told me how he blocks stuff on Windows without an Ad Blocker. https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/274965  I think there is a hosts file for Macs as well.

He also gave me a lot of life advice, and ended it with something along the lines of "Don't trust anything you read." 

• Like 1

Kind of want to go back there one day to see if that bartendress still works there... but that would mean going back to hipster douche capital of the world Williamsburg. I just saw an outdoors Shakespeare in the Other Park performance of Henry V and now would like to carry around a leek with which to bash people

23 hours ago, CD44hi said:

I have noticed that in previous tapatalk updates they do say that if you were a Pro owner and now start getting ads, to shoot them an email and they'll correct it. Not sure if this is your situation Antonio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TBH I'm not sure either, I think I paid a low fee for the pro subscription, so I was for a while ads free, but it's possible I just got some grace period then I should pay to be pro and fully ads free forever. As you said, this is ramsonware and sooner or later, we'll have to pay again.

19 hours ago, mypasswordis said:

Kind of want to go back there one day to see if that bartendress still works there... but that would mean going back to hipster douche capital of the world Williamsburg. I just saw an outdoors Shakespeare in the Other Park performance of Henry V and now would like to carry around a leek with which to bash people

She was cool, but everyone else was almost a HD caricature. Still can't believe Al didn't commit violence -- there were sparks coming out of the beard!