Trilogy H1 electrostatic amp

spritzer

33 minutes ago, astatic said:

I don't know why Monya needs to appear defensive about going for the Trilogy H1!

I've listened to it back to back against the T8000 and Blue Hawaii and in my opinion it is not bettered by anything I have heard as a partner for the 009.

I have been a Stax  user for eighteen years and have plenty of studio experience so the fact that a clique of electronics buffs don't like it on paper doesn't mean that much.

Have to happily agree and just bought one which sounds excellent with an ARC REF CD-9 which I’m trying on dem. at the moment. No loss of high frequencies from what I’m hearing.

Nothing wrong with liking garbage, just look at SBAF and HF where people think Cavalli Audio made something that approaches high fidelity equipment.  You liking doesn't change the fact that it is a joke product and the only reason somebody would compare it to the T8000 or the BHSE is its price.  We've seen this before with the Woo WES, one out of three owners I've talked to thought it was the bee's knees but the other 2/3's...thought it was a broken piece of shit.  So why would it be on the same par as the BHSE?  Because it cost more...

Like the Trilogy or not, I could not care less but remember one thing, this is the exact same circuit that Schiit thought was too bad to sell for 1k$ and their implementation was far superior. 

• Like 4

• 8 months later...

Well it hasn’t worked out for me!  First sample had too much hf rolloff. 2nd one returned with noisy transformer fixed by mounting it on rubber. 3rd delivered-with faulty tube. 4th packed up after 3 months with a faulty reed relay.

Some love the visceral punchy sound with real weight and substance - so did I at first. But too much high frequency rolloff for my taste, robbing the 009s of the air and space that is their trademark.

Got myself a KGSE now and much happier.

• 1 year later...

Well, this is interesting. On eBay right now is a Trilogy H1 plus SR-009 for a Buy It Now price of $3000.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trilogy-H1-Energiser-With-Brand-New-Stax-SR009-Headphones-Exceptional/324103691049?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Given that used SR-009s are going for around $2100-2300 on eBay (most recent completed transactions that actually were sold), this means the seller is willing to let a 5000 GBP amp go for $700-900. And he has >6000 transactions so appears to be legit.

1 hour ago, JimL said:

Well, this is interesting. On eBay right now is a Trilogy H1 plus SR-009 for a Buy It Now price of $3000.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trilogy-H1-Energiser-With-Brand-New-Stax-SR009-Headphones-Exceptional/324103691049?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Given that used SR-009s are going for around $2100-2300 on eBay (most recent completed transactions that actually were sold), this means the seller is willing to let a 5000 GBP amp go for $700-900. And he has >6000 transactions so appears to be legit.

That link has been removed.  That suggests it was less than legitimate.

Yes, I just checked, so does appear to be a scam. However, there was this completed listing on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trilogy-H1-Energiser-With-Free-Stax-SR009-Headphones-Worth-3199-UK-Warranty-/184083907188?hash=item2adc418274%3Ag%3AnJYAAOSwHX9d4W3L&nma=true&si=B5Bq21v%2B%2B7bRiJlbkPbCND2CIOo%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Price was 3750GBP including SR009 "worth 3199GBP" so the seller was saying the amp is worth 550GBP.

Edited by JimL