Hurricanes and Stuff

Absorbine_Sr

Steve, is it just the trailer itself, or are the contents destroyed, too?  I'm not exactly mr resources, at the moment, but I bet I could put together a box of home goods to send your way, once you are relocated, if they would be useful.  Hell, I could throw in a headphone amp and probably a pair of headphones, too.  I'm very glad that you and Suzy and your mother are safe, and I hope Cousin Harvey figures out that he is not welcome, sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

I want to thank everyone for their concerns and offers of help. I'm doing just fine. My Cousin is taking great care of me, and I'm doing some projects around here to keep my mind from running wild. I'm going back down day after tomorrow to pickup some things and help clear some driveways. Not real sure if anything from my RV is salvageable, but will check. I'll grab more clothes and Suzy's Medications. Plus my important papers. I'm in a good frame of mind! Please don't worry.            I had two trips planned before this happened, to do some work for Head-Casers, and still planning on doing so. Everything's good!

• Like 15

It's been a busy week for sure. My second Cousin has a lawn care business in Rockport, TX. He has lots of equipment and He, his Dad and I have been clearing trees, brush and trash all through his neighborhood, as well as temporarily tarping roofs. There are many elderly residents that just can't do it themselves. So we're filling a need and helping them get some piece of mind. It feels great to see the relief on their faces and the shock when they try to pay you and you tell them it's part of the massive volunteer effort underway. It also keeps my mind off of things I have no control over. Being a carpenter and letting people know what is reasonable and what is an obvious scam is also very rewarding. This place is already seeing those that travel to prey on others in dark times, and I'm determined to thwart as many of those as is possible. 

I'm safe and sound, eating well and generally in good spirits. Not yet sure about my next home options, but I'll figure that out in the near future. I have offers from past customers to stay as long as needed, so no need for any kind of panic. I am considering this event as motivation to get my ass out of Texas, and back to California, where I belong, but that won't happen overnight. Just so glad that my Mother is in Alaska and not having to witness the devastation first hand. She went through it in hurricane Celia in 1970, and that's why we went back to Alaska. Not sure she'd handle it well today. I miss all of you and will be back on a regular schedule before too long.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1