Hurricanes and Stuff

Absorbine_Sr

Steve is fine but the news is bad. He had no computer right now and sketchy cell service but his words are better than mine:

Update: Was able to get back to check status. My RV is torn up beyond repair. Total devastation around me. I'll have to decide my next move. Overwhelmed ATM but I'm OK and Suzy is OK. My Mom's motorhome is intact. Time for me to make some hard decisions. No insurance on my old motorhome, as it had no real monetary value. I'll check in again soon. It's like a nuke was dropped all around.  Massive destruction. 

I hope Shelly is dry and safe, and I'm driving back to SF from LA now but will check in again soon. 

• Sad 5

13 minutes ago, n_maher said:

Al,

Let us know if there are specific things that Steve and his Mom need.

This.^^^

Steve texted Debbie with essentially the same info. Glad to hear that his mom's home is safe.

If we hear any way we can help we'll post it, or if Al or Shel or others hear, let us know. We all want to help our brother.

Edited by Absorbine_Sr
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Absorbine_Sr said:

This.^^^

Steve texted Debbie with essentially the same info. Glad to hear that his mom's home is safe.

If we hear any way we can help we'll post it, or if Al or Shel or others hear, let us know. We all want to help our brother.

Absolutely. Subscribed to this thread.

I'm alive! Don't worry about me, I'm safe and dry and my dog Suzy is by my side. The rest is all solvable. Made it down to check damage. My RV is in pieces, but that's just stuff. I think my scooter is OK, and my wormdrive saw is OK. I'll need both as the destruction was massive. Many people far worse off than I. And lots of work ahead. 

I've had several offers from the best people on Earth (Head-Casers), to put me up and I love you guys! I'll take some time to decide my next move, but have options. I should qualify for a FEMA trailer, and may do that. I might decide that Texas doesn't want me around anymore, and try a new start. Too soon to know yet. Either way, my spirit is intact. A true Alaskan can never be beaten by Texas! 

What is most important to me are my Mom and my Suzy, so things are good. Suzy is a bit freaked but otherwise fine. As long as I have them and my HC family, I can make it through anything. I'm learning to use my cell phone for Head-Case, so bare with me.

• Like 23