HeadAmp Gilmore Lite mk2 Headphone Amp

nopants

• 2 months later...
On 22/03/2018 at 11:37 PM, justin said:

the "GS-1 mk2" that has been requested, coming soon..it will look like a mini GS-X mk2.

Hell yes Justin! I sold my GS-1 Dynalo+ a few years ago to ‘upgrade’ and have pretty much lived in disappointment ever since.

Looking forward to any further info on GS-1 Mk2.

• 1 month later...

Got a loaner Gilmore Lite MKII from Justin for a local Atlanta meet and this is a great sounding little amp.  I'm very impressed by its clean dynamic and sheer sense of power for such a very desktop friendly amplifier driving my HD800 (black dragon upgraded cable).  I also got lucky that my old Headroom DPS (dedicated/dynamic power supply) happen to work perfectly with the Lite MKII.  Justin also confirmed it and the background is blacker while the sense of depth is better with a dedicated power supply.  Great amp!

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Been reading a lot around here and am trying to tie off loose ends with dynamic stuff before trying out stax. From what I've read, the gilmore lite mk2 seems likely to be close enough to "as fast and transparent as is currently possible" for the LCD3 and HD800S.

Would there be any technical reasons for an existing amp such as the pure bipolar or gsx mk2 to perform significantly better with those headphones?

3 hours ago, JamesB797 said:

Been reading a lot around here and am trying to tie off loose ends with dynamic stuff before trying out stax. From what I've read, the gilmore lite mk2 seems likely to be close enough to "as fast and transparent as is currently possible" for the LCD3 and HD800S.

Would there be any technical reasons for an existing amp such as the pure bipolar or gsx mk2 to perform significantly better with those headphones?

I just picked up a Gilmore Lite mk2 for use with HD600. This thing is ridiculous. Super smooth but with really snappy transients, while still retaining the clarity and resolution of my DAC. I would take it over Ragnarok, which I bought recently but returned due to QC issues.

I previously heard HD600 and HD800 on GSX mk2 and it was very dynamic and lively sounding but it seemed to spotlight the 4khz and 6khz issues of these headphone specifically.

In all honesty Gilmore could be endgame for dynamics for me but I’m also now intrigued to see what Justin can accomplish by revisiting the GS1...