Enterprise E Lite Electrostatic Amp

Rossliew

Yeah, looks like a mix of different topologies in one amp? BJT, tubes..i don't know anything about this but looks interesting. Reckon it will work and not bust a headphone, or two?

Here's another one with some internal pics :

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Venture-Electronics-Electrostatic-Headphone-Tube-Amplifier/1924356_32417359282.html?spm=2114.12010615.0.0.2c3976acekwIQx

Hmm...  Let's see.  Topology described as:  BJT Folded Cascode+Tube with CCS, 6SN7GTB outputs.  Max output 325 VRMS which calculates to 920 volts peak-to-peak - this suggests PS supply of around +/-300 volts give or take.

So I Google searched folded cascode and came up with this image from a patent application - looks similar to the input and mid-stages of a Stax amp, but maybe with BJT input instead of FETs, and the CCS looks cascoded, so probably the output stage is similar to the SRX Plus, but without a tail current source.  So, yeah, overall similar to a SRM-T1 with CCS in place of the output resistors, or a KGDT/KGST.   Most likely passive PS, though.

US20140292410A1-20141002-D00000.png

Edited by JimL

• 2 months later...

Enterprise is similar to T1 or KGDT, but the input stage is BJTs, not JFETs.

Its high voltage power supply is classical Zener diodes plus MOSFET follower--nothing special, but the 580 bias voltage is supplied from a separate transformer winding and an independent voltage regulator  while bias voltage of most electrostatic headphone amps are generated from  positive HV power supply winding.

Finally, Enterprise has a little OP AMP pre-amplification board, which amplifies the input signal before it goes into potentiometer.

PS: I'm not the one who made Enterprise, but I know it a lotB)

As the CEO of Venture Electronics, I felt the need to say some, but all my energy is wasted in making this ID lol (Yes, I am very much fxxking human~and I thought American Beauty was the best picture of 2000, but clearly I was wrong lol)

anyways , plz do keep on guessing~

if u must know~one of my SG fan bought it and said it was not as good as some KG carbon by certain brand and better than t8000 (which ,imho, is not really much of a compliment).

hope u all found this to be a very "pleasing" info~and have a nice day~

cheers

Lee 

13 hours ago, geargeeksp said:

As the Top Sherang of Galactic Enterprises, I felt the need to say hail and well met, but all my energy is wasted in making this post (Yes, I am very much inter-dimensional alien~and I thought The Tomatos That Ate Paris was the best picture of 4000, but clearly I was in the wrong spacial dimension)

anyways , plz do keep on ignoring~

if u must know~one of my alien acolytes bought it and said it was not as good as some crispy carbon by certain peanut butter such as  Kraft (which ,immo, is not really much of a condiment).

hope u all found this to be a very "infotaining" drek~and have a nice time during the invasion~

cheers

Alf

FTFY, and may your flying saucer get drowned in milk  (our Milky Way is full of it....)   :wacko:   :blink:

• Haha 1