Nifty, nifty Mikey's 50! Happy Birthday!

swt61

Happy Birthday Mikey!

Interesting bread and alcohol combo memory just surfaced (maybe Tice will know about this one too).

I grew up in a "dry" county in Georgia (Dekalb). In those days that meant no beer no wine no nothing. If they couldn't get moonshine or get something from Atlanta hard core alcoholics used to drink Solox. Solox was a shellac thinner and it was poisonous. My buddies and I came across a Solox camp while we were fooling around in some woods. There were a couple of empty gallon cans of Solox and what was left of some loaves of bread. My friend told me that they would strain the thinner through the bread and then they could eat/drink it and just get mildly sick. 

I remember telling my mom about it and she didn't believe it.

Luckily, you won't need to strain that single malt through your beautiful artisan bread.

Cheers me brother!

• Like 1

Happy Birthday Mikey!

I am having sushi and Riesling to celebrate your birthday as you would if you were here but you are not which makes me sad but happy to know you are probably celebrating with some other folks and hopefully enjoying some great wine and or single malts and having great curry which I know you like but curry does not pair well with most wine and scotch so please be careful because there is no greater tragedy than to have a meal that does not pair well with a great wine as I am sure you know because based upon the posts you make here you do appreciate fine wine and pairing fine wine with fine food so enjoy your day and think of us often but not too often because that would make your relationship with HC kind of like a cult and that would be creepy